Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Is the Hale Tiki Closed?

Pages: 1 15 replies

R

Is the Hale Tiki in Augusta, Ga closed? I read about how the webpage is down... but I've called the number (706) 823-5712 during both prime business hours and otherwise (just in case they're too busy to answer the phones). I haven't got ahold of anything but a fax machine there. I called the city's visitor info center too, and they say there's nothing about the Hale Tiki in their brochures. HELP.... we were wanting to go there friday night.

S

It is open. Last I talked to Brad he had a new partner who had opened the restaurant side of Hale Tiki. I am not sure of the theme, but Brad had said he wanted it to be more lounge and kept closer to the original decor.

http://www.haletiki.com is likely permanently dead.

They could really stand to do something. A website would be nice, of course, but a telephone number that is answered regularly would be better in the meantime. I have several friends who were in Augusta for the Masters who wanted to go there but didn't know exactly where it was and didn't want to drive around for hours looking for it. Chances are they ended up somewhere very close to it anyway but none of them went there as they figured it was closed or they couldn't find it.

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Jul 5, 2005 6:57 AM

As for finding it, you can't miss it really. Downtown Augusta is really one street, Broad Street. It has that fantastic neon sign. If you cruise down Broad, you will see it. Plus, just for reference, it's right across from the Marine Room strip club and if you get to the Discotheque strip club, you went too far.

See my Augusta Site for reference. I guess I need to add a Hale Tiki page in there somewhere to put them on the Internet map at least.

Yeah, Brad should register some new domain.

R
Rorysm posted on Tue, Jul 5, 2005 5:43 PM

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything on here that tells me it is worth going three-to four hours out of my way to stop by on my way to Hilton Head Island. I know the place is great, but I don't want to risk going that far out of the way if it's closed... It'd be like that scene from National Lampoon's Vacation when Wally World is closed after the long trek... and I don't know if the security guard knows how to make a mai tai--but by god he's gonna if the place is closed. :)

Can anyone vouch for it's being open this weekend?

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Jul 5, 2005 7:43 PM

Absolutely. Open Friday at 5PM, Saturday at 7PM. Closed Sunday. Brad says the number is (706) 823-5713. The 5712 is the only number that works for the credit card machine and it's what's listed, but the other number is the actual number that will be in the listing.

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2005-07-05 19:53 ]

T

On 2005-07-05 06:57, Swanky wrote:

What's up with that? With new domains & hosting going for $5/month, there's no excuse here.

S

On 2005-07-06 10:16, Tiki-bot wrote:

On 2005-07-05 06:57, Swanky wrote:

What's up with that? With new domains & hosting going for $5/month, there's no excuse here.

He says he registered http://www.haletiki.net and his wife is working on a new site.

T

Is it open every night except Sunday, as in the listing on Critiki.com?

I need to start planning my road trip through the South for before the Hukilau.

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Jul 7, 2005 7:00 AM

Yes. They are only closed on Sundays and he says the law makes him close on Sunday. They open at 5PM except Saturday when they open at 7PM. Which sort of sucks. I will actually be in the area and debated making a side trip to see the place again, and I don't think it'll be possible. I don't often get over there, and my fiance has not seen it. Maybe I can get Brad to open up early for me to look around.

The restaurant side is not open yet. It's being tiled or something. Regardless, I was not correct about that earlier. But it's in the works.

I was there on July 4th, its a great place, they have live Jazz on Friday and Saturday Nights in what will be the resteraunt. I had a great time there, even got flashed by a drunk girl!

On 2005-07-13 14:01, edgarallencoe wrote:
I was there on July 4th, its a great place, they have live Jazz on Friday and Saturday Nights in what will be the resteraunt. I had a great time there, even got flashed by a drunk girl!

Thanks Brad!

On 2005-07-13 19:58, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2005-07-13 14:01, edgarallencoe wrote:

Thanks Brad!

I am not Brad.

M

Yes, it is now closed. See topic
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18556&forum=1&hilite=hale for more info. :(

T

Nice save on an old thread

On 2006-02-24 16:04, tikigreg wrote:
Nice save on an old thread

Thanks, Brad!

Pages: 1 15 replies