Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Blue Ridge Wahine Mug--Tennessee Tiki!

Pages: 1 6 replies

I'm selling a Blue Ridge Wahine mug on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7334624698&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

This is the only tiki mug I've ever found that was made by Blue Ridge China, Tennessee, and I've been buying mugs for more than ten years. I think it's quite rare, so I thought a serious collectors here might be interested in an opportunity to add it to his or her collection. Good luck.

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Jul 5, 2005 7:02 AM

There are a couple of tiki bars that were in Nashville. The "Blue Hawaii" and "Mahi Mahi", but you would assume if these guys made mugs for them they would be marked, or they would be more common, especially here in TN. But then again, I have only seen one postcard from the Mahi Mahi and nothing else.

Does anyone else think "Blue Ridge Wahine" would make a cool Hapa Haole song?

N

That Blue Ridge mug is pretty cool looking. In 15 years of collecting Blue Ridge I have never run into one or seen one in any of the Blue Ridge Books. They did make 2 Hawaiian motif patterns that I know of, one has pineapples and the other has palm trees.
Is the Blue Ridge signature on the bottom ink stamped or is it a decal?

The Blue Ridge logo is ink-stamped; it's not a decal.

T

I just picked up one of these Blue Ridge pieces. I liked it because it looked so much like the Harvey's one. These first to photo's are the BR piece, sorry I should have taken a shot of the palm tree's also. It's a very heavy piece.

And these two are of one of the Harvey's that I have.

:)

T

:oops: Sorry, :( It looks like I put this is the wrong category.. So please move it to where every you think it should be. Wasn't selling it. Thanks

Pages: 1 6 replies