Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central will be offline for a few hours tonight

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hi Everyone,

Tonight I'll be taking Tiki Central offline for an hour or two while I make a backup of the database and do other misc. barkeeping tasks. My target it to take it offline around 10:00pm or so (Pacific time) although it may be later.

Mahalo,

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-07-05 18:35 ]

M
Moki posted on Tue, Jul 5, 2005 6:40 PM

Is this where we get our secret agent decoder ring? :lol:

Thanks for the warning. I may have had nightmares wondering what had happened if I'd not been able to get my "fix" before bed.

Aloha

J

Oh God no!! That's prime TC time for me on the east coast! Oh well... guess I'll have to look on Ebay tonight. :wink:

T

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

H

Critiki will be up, and it's nice & speedy! Maybe tonight's a great night to get to get around to rating all the places you've been, and rate the glory of places that are no more. :)

R

that sucks , now i am gonna have to work. Just kidding Hanford...

J

Humu, I'd like to do as you suggest but with all the tiki temples I've had the pleasure of visiting I'd only eat up a good 2-3 minutes! :( Thanks for the suggestion though! :wink:

H

johntiki, that's what makes the Former Glory critiki category so fun! It's used for the lamentably gone (in some cases, anyway) places that are no longer in business -- places that we can only visit now through our imaginations and the collectable remnants like postcards, menus & mugs.

Take the Mauna Loa in Detroit -- since it was only in business for a couple of years in the '60s, it's highly unlikely that anyone who's actually been there will be rating it on Critiki. Lots of us have developed a fascination with it, though, and that's something worth measuring, I think.

So, if you have opinions, likes & dislikes, about places that are closed, rate their Former Glory to your heart's content, whether you got to see it in person or not!

Pages: 1 7 replies