Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Seattle: Searfair Saturday ~ August 6

Pages: 1 6 replies

D

11am-6pm ~ Come watch the Blue Angels fly over our house from 12-12:45 (we actually walk to the bridge for the best viewing, its only a few yards away)

Afterwards, you can still view the Red Baron Pizza Squadron, Oracle Challenger, U.S. Air Force Reserve Dream Machine, Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner and a C-17 from our balcony ~ or just hang out in the Rongorongo Room with a tropical drink. The Hydroplane races on Lake Washington are within walking distance, if that appeals to you.

We’ll have the Spitting Moai up and running ~ on the newly decorated (and yet unnamed patio).

Parking will be amazingly easy after 1 pm ~ so if planes aren’t your thing (but drinking n eating are) just drop by when you can!

Be mindful that the mainline I-90 lanes between Interstate 5 in Seattle and Island Crest Way on Mercer Island, and the entire length of the I-90 Center Roadway will be closed from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. There are some street closures in the area. I will email directions to get here.

elicia
edited because i forgot to look at a calendar!

[ Edited by: dogbytes on 2005-07-05 19:28 ]

W

I just made this my first engagement for my August social calendar. Mainly 'cause I can't resist a woman talking military hardware.

All others should consider being there as well: Dogbytes is known for making too much dessert.

PS: I think "Spitting Moai" is a great drink name. Get crackin'.

D

come and see the new Rongorongo Room improvements ~ and taste our signature drink, The Rongorongo Rickey.

the patio is all wired, and the moai looks fantastic!

email or pm me, and i'll send you directions!

elicia

E

The Rongo Rongo Room sign looks fantastic! Nice job, woofie! I got to experience the RRR last Saturday and it's very cool and Dogbytes is a very generous and wonderful hostess!

p.s. The Blue Angels are in town already! If anyone has any connections I really want to fly with them (I'm not kidding! it's a secret fantasy of mine!)

p.s. The Blue Angels are in town already! If anyone has any connections I really want to fly with them (I'm not kidding! it's a secret fantasy of mine!)

I wouldn't bother, Exoticat. Seafair charges 4 tickets to ride with the Blue Angels, there's a long line, and most kids throw up while flying them. Better to go on the hydros -- they only charge two tickets and you get them back if the boat flips.

W

Less than 24 hours til this shin digs and I can't find my hot curlers!

W

As I suspected The Dogbytes are swell hosts. And if yah get a chance to get to the Rongorongo room, do it. It's a helluva Tiki bar...The pictures Dogbytes has posted do not do it justice. Her "dry aquarium" looks great in real life as do her overhead light shades. She downplays her talents and eye for cool stuff all the time, so if she does it with you just say "Shut up and get me another coconut tart!" Yes, she made these coconut tarts and macadamia nut tarts which were incredible. I could happily eat them everyday for quite some time. Compliments also for her well trained family, the furry ones and Mr Dogbytes who regularly asked "Do you need another drink?" which as everyone knows is one of the nicest things anyone can say to you.

Pages: 1 6 replies