Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Info on vintage Tiki Bobble Head

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Mother Pug was at an antique mall today and came across this bobblehead.
There were no markings other than Made In Japan stamped on the bottom. The dealer was asking $165.

Does anyone have any info on this? Is it worth it?

Thanx,
TikiPug

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2005-07-07 12:03 ]

M

I don't know a thing about the bobblehead, but I just had to tell you that your siganture cracks me up every time!

t-PUG,

I've got one of those, and the price, believe it or not, it pretty much in line with a vintage Japan made bobble.

B

I don't know much about the history of the piece, we just know that we love it. We have one (page 96 of Tiki Quest) and we have seen others over the years. Since everyone knows vintage nodders or bobble heads are "collectable", the Tiki one is rarely cheap. Wish my Mom would find cool Tikis like that for me.
-Duke

T

I also have one of those, in excellent condition. The bobblehead collectors must have been on holiday when I got it off ebay a few years ago, as I paid less than $20 for it. I've seen them come up again a few times over the years, but the bidding always gets up to the century mark or above.

T

Tiki_Bong, tikigreg, & boutiki,

Thanx for the info. I bought the tiki, through my mom for $150. Yes, it is great to have a mom who keeps her eye out for me.
We both have camera phones and she sends me pictures of tiki stuff all the time. Modern technology is awesome.
I repay the favor by shopping for her at Oasis each year with my camera phone.

P.S.Machtiki, I wish I could take credit for my humping dog picture, but the only credit I can take is that it's my dog.
Humu put together the animation for me. She's a sweetheart.

Pages: 1 5 replies