Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine

Pages: 1 8 replies

Lounge yes, exotica no.

Check out Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine. He 'Lounge-asizes' alt and rap tunes such as 'Baby got Back' etc.

He's headlining at the Azteca Mexican Restaurant in Garden Grove this Saturday!

http://www.Iloverichardcheese.com

Yes, I've seen Dick Cheese in concert more than once. Call me crazy, but I kind of dig his offbeat lounge versions of today's alternative hits. The show is really entertaining and the musical talent is not too shabby either! A definite must-see if you've never gone out to one of his shows.

Is anybody going to this? Where is Azteca's anyway?

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-01 10:51 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-01 10:52 ]

I've heard Dick Cheese perform on KROQ a few times.... something I'm gonna have to check out live!

:tiki:

if you go to his show - see if he is gonna play anywhere else soon? can't make it saturday, but have wanted to see him live for a long while.

T

Futura Girl,

He's playing somewhere in Silverlake in 2 weeks; check his gig list on the site I posted on the first post of this thread.

(What's your sign baby?)

S

On 2002-11-01 10:51, PolynesianPop wrote:
Where is Azteca's anyway?

Take the Garden Grove Fwy (22) west and exit on Euclid. Go north and head toward downtown Garden Grove.

12911 Main Street at Garden Grove Blvd West of Euclid

I went there once to check out "Crooners Lounge" in the Azteca. There are classic car shows on main street on Fridays, and Crooners boasts that they are the only All Elvis Lounge in So Cal. It's a cool little dive, but definitely an acquired taste! It will never become my regular haunt, but I could see going there for something like this.

Richard Cheese will be playing at Venus/Taboo Cove on Friday, Nov 8th. I will happen to be in Vegas this weekend and will definitely try to check out the show with the Mrs. If anybody wants to join us send me an email at [email protected] and we can make arrangements to meet up at Taboo Cove for an early, pre-show Mai Tai.

Doctor Z what time are you going to be coming into town? Hula Hula wanna meet up again?

T

I saw him in Baltimore 3 weeks ago. Very entertaining.

Richard Cheese will be playing at Spaceland on Friday the 14th. The Lady and I are going to try to go, but it doesn't seem like were going to make it.

1717 Silver Lake Blvd
21 & Over, Doors open 8PM
Tickets $10
(323) 661-4380

http://www.Iloverichardcheese.com

Pages: 1 8 replies