Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Chess Set... Limited

Pages: 1 19 replies

CA

"Classic Polynesia Vs. Classic Mainland"
TIKI CHESS SET

normally made to order with a four to six week wait
Two Sets!! are available for immediate purchase
I sculpted this set for the TikiNews "Tiki Art Now!" show in San Francisco, Sep.04. Full color catalog available through http://www.shootinggallerysf.com

This unique and incredibly detailed chess set has been reproduced in a limited quantity.
limited to 50 complete sets!!
This is not the usual mass produced collectable run of 2000 made over seas!!
Yet this set sells for the same price as those 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Alien Vs. Predator' sets.

Hand cast resin - and hand stained by myself for Bone Productions' realistic wood look
King ---- 7in X 2in
18in sq. board not included

Out of State Paypal ---- $360.00 + s/h
CA Paypal ---- $387.00 + s/h
Out of State VISA/MC ---- $350.00 + s/h
CA VISA/MC ---- $377.00 + s/h

Check Availability: [email protected]

Check out more available stuff here:
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/CrazyAL_store.html

An amazing labour of love...painstaking detail, absolute authentic likeness of each individual style...or magic!

It's as if some of these lil' guys walked out of the pages of the Book of Tiki at midnight, and Al caught them and they froze!

I love the concept of authentic Island vs. moderne American style.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2005 6:01 AM

Very cool stuff. Can't make out the names on the light side. its crazy.

T

On the modern side, I can make out the names Leroy, Milan, Barney, Wayne, William, and Andres. It was easier to figure them out once I looked at the carving styles.

P
pablus posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2005 7:18 PM

That is unbelievable!
I gotta get me one of those sets.

Great work, C'Al.
Just incredible.

Hey! Cool! Anatomically correct pawns (on the Islanders side!)

B

Al, I gotta say these are incredibly beautiful. You have really outdone yourself with this set. It Had to have been a tough job to design and carve all these oieces.I know you are very proud of the set or you Should be, Hats off to you! The detail is remarkable.

Damn that's nice. I wish I still played chess, but the wife gets irate when I sacrifice my queen, and it's all downhill from there. Anyway, that's a lot of nice work, Al. Really nice.

C'Al rocks.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jul 10, 2005 3:40 AM

Cool chess set dude. I dont dig chess, but that looks way cool. Is there an appropriate board?

S
SES posted on Mon, Jul 11, 2005 9:44 PM

That's incredible. I love chess.

CA

here is a custom board you can order from me. It's from the 'House o'Boo the Ben and is $100 + shipping. Totally custom and hand made.

for those who missed the trip to SF for the Tiki Now '04 show....
this is the "Tiki Temple" Board I made for the original set's début
I'm not sure I would make another one of these, but maybe for a couple long days pay.

the bottom is the quarters for the captive slaves

the top is caning and hardwood ply with inlays

the Hawaiians

K

Al,

The "Tiki Temple" board is amazing!!!

Kanaka

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen...

Crazy Al rocks but, we have a another brother in some serious critical health down in Mex. Arty aka Stentiki and Tina his wife need all our thoughts and prayers. STAT!!!

S
SES posted on Tue, Jul 12, 2005 11:42 PM

You had to post more with the boards! Now I can't even imagine them without them. These are just too cool.

P

SCORE!!!

P

Absolutely unbelievable.
It looks like and has the weight of wood.
Great craftsmanship.
Great detail.

I love it.

SCORE!!

On 2005-09-09 12:56, pablus wrote:
Absolutely unbelievable.
It looks like and has the weight of wood.
Great craftsmanship.
Great detail.

I love it.

SCORE!!

Does this mean you own it??

Z

I've seen this set at the Tiki Art Now show, and it's even more amazing in real life!

No way? WAY!

I had to keep going back to admire it, and sear it into my memory, it's gorgeous!

Alas, I cannot buy it, being low on clams, and the double edged threat that if I buy it, I'll be unfairly lured into playing chess.

Pages: 1 19 replies