Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Listen To Weird Uncle Tiki Spill His Secrets To Tom Leykis

Pages: 1 14 replies

Aloha, Friends!

For those of you in Southern California who want to hear the nasty truth about your beloved Weird Unc, tune into 97.1FM this Saturday, July 9 at 3:00PM sharp! With Tom Leykis and Weird Unc, it's sure to be a real hoot. This show will air in the rest of the country in a couple of weeks and I'll be sure to let you know that schedule, too. Enjoy.

-The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

[ Edited by: Miss Mauna Loa 2008-05-12 21:03 ]

Uh-oh. The can of worms has been opened. Blow me up, Tom!

-Weird Unc

Leykis!!!

Why oh god why??

This is the "kino" guy right?

I've been listening to Tom Leykis since his first days on KFI in L.A. He usually makes me laugh. I will definitely tune in for this one! I gotta say though - he's a bit of more of a wimp than he lets on. One time he challenged women to call (claiming that women did not understand finance!) - and my wife - (God bless her - with her Magna Cum Laude B.A. in Accounting, plus M.A. from U.S.C. - and who passed CPA Exam with a near-perfect score - and is now a National Director for one of the "Final Four" big CPA firms!) called in to take Tom's "challenge". After talking with the screener for a bit, she was told - "uhhh...gee, thanks for calling" and they hung up on her. He's pretty selective with his women callers - picking on whiners and empty-headed bimbos. I lost a lot of respect for him that day!

R

He's a boring hack.
Leykis, not WeirdUncleTiki.

I'll listen, though. Here's hoping that WeirdUncle uses big words and confuses him.

Cheers to wierd Uncle Tiki- I'll be listening!!! Although, I am going to have to agree with Riptide.
Oh Yeah, BTW I love the Mai Kai Gent's CD. Please come and do a show for us So. CAL people soon!!!
Later,
Spermy

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2005-07-08 11:51 ]

What exactly is Wierd Unc on the show for? Is he talking tiki or wine or what?

On Saturdays, Tom does a wine show. I'm sure this is what Judd will be on for. I'm looking forward to hearing the show -- will we hear a little Iuka Grogg on the Uke?

Take me out MaiKai Gents style with a screaming orgasm...

Take me out MaiKai Gents style with a screaming orgasm...

!!!!!! Okay, TC... call into Tom's regular show and asked to be taken out this way. I LOVE IT!!!!!! Thanks, Pop!

-Iuka Grogg

D

I'm against it!
But I'll listen only cuz its our Iuka Grogg.
Would it be considered rude to spit in Tom's eye while your there. I sure would appreciate it. It'd beeee fuuunn!
Come on you know you wanna.

give a listen here online

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2005-07-09 17:33 ]

T

Personally, I like and appreciate Weird Uncle Tiki, so don't slam da man!

I hope I don't get spit in the face for saying this, BUT.... Tom turned out to be a fine fellow. I wasn't on his daily afternoon show which seems to churn up some pretty intense reaction. This is a completely different show called The Tasting Room and it airs weekly. He's a super wine afficianado and truly knows his stuff. Quite sophisticated, really. The whole show is about wines, distilled spirits and microbrews. We had a very interesting(I hope) conversation and nobody got blown up or spanked(I wore my Tuff-Skins just in case). He was very pleasant and referred to the character he portrays on his daily show as his "parallel universe." Anyhooo, it was a great time and I'm sorry if anyone here is offended that I met with the guy. Thanks for tuning in.

-Weird Unc

D

I listened to the show but somehow managed to miss your segment :( Hey now, isn't spitting an art form all it's own in wine tasting :wink: I'm glad you had fun Judd, wish I had gotten to hear it.

It's happening again this weekend. We'll be taping the show on Thursday night (May 15) and it should air in Los Angeles on 97.1 at 5:00pm. I know KVON 1440 in Napa Valley carries the show on Sunday mornings at 9:00am. Check your local listings in the rest of the country. Too bad this isn't a call-in show, as it'd be swell to hear from the Tiki Central gang on the air. Wish me luck! Take me out MaiKai Gents style with a screaming orgasm, Tom!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

I will listen,

are you gonna mention rum drinks too,

he always talks about wine, and occasionally
mentions Martinis and such.

but I never hear him mention tropical rum drinks.

a shame,
Jeff Berry needs to go on that show.

can you put in a plug for Jeff Berry???

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-05-13 11:56 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies