Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki At Stats Floral Supply In Pasadena *IMAGE HEAVY*

Pages: 1 7 replies

I imagine they may be doing this at their other so-cal stores. But Halloween is coming soon, and they've already started stocking scarey stuff. So I don't know how long the tiki stuff will be there. While some of those balinese masks were mixed in, at least they tried. Lots of supplies for Luaus. Yes parrots were to be seen, but again, at least they tried. Some cool stuff nonetheless. So if you see stuff you like, get on down and check it out. If you see stuff you don't like, I'm not defending their styling choices!!! Or some of the prices. Some were good, some were questionable.

Window display.

What greets you as you enter. The tiki pole in the center has a pumpkin in his hands, and a cat carved into his forehead. Tiki meets Halloween. No tag on him so I don't know the price.

The Display Room. The Ku is foam ala the old United Airlines Tiki. His eyes light up. He was $450.00.

Ku Close Up.

The other aisle of the Display Room.

They had several designs of these resin tiki planters.
They are hollow tubes. Id' recommend puttin a small table, or log inside them as one that had a plant in it was listing from the weight.

Some Home Depot-ish panels. No chinese characters carved in the foreheads though. And two other planter designs.

Borneo-esque mask with flame bulbs placed behind his eyes.

Wanna get Lei'd?

Massive umbrella they had hooked up to a disco ball motor so it rotated.

Pitcher and mugs. Plastic. Mugs about 6 bucks. Pitcher about $22.00.

Giant KU. $950.00

So there ya have it.

Wow! Not necessarily all my taste, but quite elaborate! Is Stats that huge decorator place across the street from Castle Green?

Wow!
Totally amazing to me to see so much tiki in a retail setting.
Very interesting tikis, some quite different from those I've seen before. However I see dollar tree in the Ku.

The squat planters, at least what I can see of them, are cute. I'd plant up a couple for my yard.

Thanks for taking the pictures, it's really interesting to see what's out there.

On 2005-07-09 00:23, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wow! Not necessarily all my taste, but quite elaborate! Is Stats that huge decorator place across the street from Castle Green?

Thats the place.

I used to go by Stats all of the time, just to see if they had anything new. It's been pretty dead for a bit. I think I'll head over that way on my way to the Freeway befor mrsmiley's b'day bash at Tiki Ti! Thanks for the heads-up, TG!!

I love browsing for tiki. Mahalo for the shopping news.

Tiki meets Halloween? A holiday specific tiki? The gods would be amused.

Drats, I missed it!

The large tiki installation has now been removed as Stats is redoing itself for Halloween, although there the tiki bar remains by the front door and the cashiers seem to have a somewhat tiki theme. There are tiki displays in front of the shelfs and lots of tiki and luau supplies in the aisles, but the display room tiki is no longer up.

The Halloween tiki is all wood, is approx 3 1/2 ft. tall and costs $239.

One of each of the large Ku statutes remain, although the manager said several had been sold already.

I purchased a 2 1/2 foot tall wooden tiki statute (not photographed) for $22.00.

Now that summer approaches, I am going to have to check it out.

Pages: 1 7 replies