Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: tiki necklace from the kahiki

Pages: 1 18 replies

B
bdler3 posted on Sat, Jul 9, 2005 7:23 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=7700203393&rd=1
pretty neat little guy measures around 2 1/2 inches long
thanks for looking

Here are a few Tiki Necklaces on ebay now:
[auctions removed]
The model ain't too bad either!!
:D

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - removed auction listings - 2005-07-22 13:43 ]

B

i asked my wife if she would help me sell these
and model them.
I have been sleeping in the garage for the past couple nights

My wife is the best. She suggested we use her as the model!

B

that sounds great to me should I give you my email address so you can send me the pics

Bear with me for a second... I'm a little confused on this.

Are you two both selling the same exact necklaces?

Are bdler3's directly from the Kahiki frozen food store and Surfinstro's reproductions of those?

From the other thread on these:

On 2005-07-13 10:12, rodeotiki wrote:
If I was gonna get a necklace it would be from bdler3 and as for the castings Badmojo is the man, since they were here first and all.

Surfinstro's are from Mojo's castings (my head hurts)?

B

I did get mine from the kahiki, I don't know where this other person's come from. and yes I agree buy mine and bid higher thanks

basically, Mr. tsao said he was approached by someone who wanted to re-issue kahiki tiki mugs and product. He said okay, and this mysterious person proceeded to produce a limited # of mugs to sell through the store. All of this is fine , but somehow my necklace sculpt got used in the process...I'm sure it was a harmless mistake as the sculpter or whoever assumed that it was the property of the kahiki, since it was probably in a box of stuff used as references to reproduce the mugs and such. I opted not to pursue this legallly by choice, even though I had a strong case for it. Mr. Tsao meant no harm and rather than wreck our relationship over this misunderstanding I decided to let it go. This is too small potatoes for me to begin to throw money at my already expensive attourney to resolve all this. From where I stand, I made a bundle on the necklaces the first time around when I produced them years ago and count myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to not only make some money but to be forever a part of the kahiki legacy and history. This is why in the last thread a few months ago i gave my blessing to those that were selling them on ebay....Things like this usually happen eventually with product....These days it's a whore's market out there what with all this cheap tiki crap being produced, mostly by unoriginal bandwagoneering opportunists looking for a quick score on someone elses ticket. Geez, almost sounds like what I was doing with the necklaces years ago....only difference was that I was first to get that particular ball going on that particular product. getting permission to use their name and logo, shelling out for sculpts and masters to make molds from, etc. Sure, it would be easy for me to reproduce the necklaces again myself and sell them under some secret ebay name, undercutting all those other shuckers hawking them, but again, that's small potatoes and hardly worth the effort to make what, a few lousy bucks for the headache -no thanks. I hope this clarifies some things. Thanks for listening....

Thanks Tipsy

That's bullshit, they molds were bought from a gal in Illinois.
Mojo castings are all plaster, flimsy and have air cavities.

[ Edited by: surfinstro 2005-07-13 19:01 ]

On 2005-07-13 18:57, surfinstro wrote:
That's bullshit, they molds were bought from a gal in Illinois.
Mojo castings are all plaster, flimsy and have air cavities.

Hey now, let's step it down a notch... First of all, welcome to Tiki Central. That being said, you aren't going to make any friends (er, sales) around here by taking a shot at Mojo like you just did. Mojo's been selling and contributing to TC for a lot longer then last Tuesday.

If you have a case to make as to how you came about getting the molds, then "a gal in Illinois" is acceptable. Sure, we believe you.

I'm curious as to how you came to your conclusion about Mojo's products?

Look, we're all collectors here to one extent or another. We all buy off of eBay at one time or another. We all want to know what's new. We also all try to get to know eachother.

From what we have seen; You have hijacked bdler3's thread to promote your own version of the same exact thing. Then, slam a friend.

Take a deep breath and start again.

B

yeh I agree go advertise on your on posting leave mine alone
(I still like his model)

On 2005-07-13 22:11, MachTiki wrote:

From what we have seen; You have hijacked bdler3's thread to promote your own version of the same exact thing. Then, slam a friend.

Take a deep breath and start again.

Congrats surfinstro!
You've just been "Machinated"

AND WELL DESERVED FOR SURE.

B

now he is using me as a reference. cant you play all by yourself
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7701798934&category=29460&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
mom make him stop picking on me

T

THAT'S NOT RIGHT!

:tiki: Now that's funny!:lol:Turbo g, I just about spilled my Mai-Tai on the Dell keyboard! Whatever happened to Kevin Meaney anyway!:lol:

:tiki: Oops! Screwed up the smilies! Better stop drinking!

Pages: 1 18 replies