Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Portland mini-crawl...

Pages: 1 18 replies

Greetings! Portland tiki-maven Mark Axton and I are starting to plan a small tiki-crawl for May 29. Please let either him or myself know via email if you're interested in joining in, so we can know how many to expect. We'll be hitting the Alibi, the Jasmine Tree and the Fabulous secret garden known as 'Castaway cove,' with maybe a few surprises...

Frenchy: [email protected]
Tikimaxton: [email protected]

Well, as you know KailuaGeoff and his Wahine Marian will be there. We are very much looking forward to it; especially if we can go to the celebrated Castaway Cove!

M

On a Wednesday night?!? You norther types are hardcore.

-martin

Yes, indeed, we LAUGH at the concept of school night. :wink: Care to join us?

M

I'd love to, but I have no idea where I'll be. The missus is taking me to a secret destination for our first anniversary. It's safe to say it won't be too far away. But if it's in Oregon, I'll see you then.

OH MY GOSH! Count Me in Next Time if you go on a weekend night! I'm in Yakima, WA. Not far from Portland! Wanted to go to the Famous Castaway Cove Last Summer,..but didn't get a chance. There is always this summer! Thanks.

We could do the crawl Friday night, if that is better.... We arrive in Portland on Wednesday and planned to go straight to the Alibi -- which we will still do -- but if there is a mood to this on Friday that's fine with us. We have to drive to Vancouver, however, on Saturday.

Hey there, Anything to do Tiki wise in the Portland area the 27th of July? Yes I know the Alibi is it? Anything else?

Hey Maxton! We got another one!!

But seriously... Yes! There's a lot for the travelling tiki fan to find. The Alibi, of course, and with enough advance notice you can experience the wonder of Maxton's fabulous Castaway Cove. There is also the Jasmine Tree, and a cruise by the Tikitotemonikis. :) Drop me a line if you're interested!

Absolutely! We always love to see Tikicentralites in the bridge city! Alibi and Jasmine tree are fun, and, as Frenchy (she's become my defacto agent, by the way) mentioned, I'd be happy to set up a special happy hour at the Cove. And now with Mr.tikibar in the house, we have another local member to (hopefully) join us. Let us know your plans and we'll show you a good time! Hey Poncie Ponce - sure would be a good time to make that pilgrimage you owe us!

My wife and I will be in The Dalles for a week around Thanksgiving. Anything going on around then?

Patrick McNeal

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 on 2002-07-17 10:54 ]

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 on 2002-07-17 10:55 ]

Kitty (mstikibar) and I will be hacking away over at the coast July 27th at an annual
golf event. If you have a special Happy Hour at Castaway Cove we will have to miss it.
Rats!! Got to see it someday.

As for Thanksgiving-time in The Dalles. Isn't that about when the freezing rain starts?

As for Thanksgiving-time in The Dalles. Isn't that about when the freezing rain starts?

Must have missed it last time we were there. It was actually pretty mild then (3 years ago). Hope it's the same this year...it'd be a shame to get stuck inside the whole week and miss the scenery. The Gorge is, well, gorge-eous :wink:

Me? Special Hour at the Castaway Cove?
I'M NOT WORTHY! Really I don't want to impose. I appreciate your help in giving me information on The Alibi, and Jasmine Tree I think I should be able to find those. Thank-you again!

It's really not an imposition at all - I was thinking about having a small get-together anyway - your visit could just help me cinch the date. At any rate, we'd love to meet you on your way through - Frenchy, you gonna be around then? What was that date again?

Greyhound, you still gonna be in town this weekend? Frnechy, are you free too? Let's make a plan!

Sure! When?

Not sure - I'm waiting to hear from Greyhound on this. I may have a conflict - not sure yet - so I want to find out what his schedule is.

I'm in, and I can't wait! I'm very excited to meet everyone as well! See you then!

Pages: 1 18 replies