Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hot Rod Hula Hop site is up w/ new info

Pages: 1 10 replies

K

That's right wahines and kanes, the new Hot Rod Hula Hop event site is now live and swingin' from the trees:

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/events.html

Please have a look and feel free to email us or post here with any questions you may have.

We are still seeking additional vendors, and tables are free, so... if you've got some goods you'd like to hawk at the Hop, get in touch and we'll get you squared away.

If you are a member of a car club and are interested in attending, please fire off an email as well. The Drifters CC are very interested in accomodating other clubs.

Mahalo,

Ahu

There's a blast from my Columbus past- Hogscraper! Holy crap!!

K

Yes indeed Capt'n, after a lengthy hiatus (word has it that Lariat B. Grim had been buried in an unmarked shallow grave... again), Cinci trio Hogscraper is back from the dead.

A blast from the past indeed, as they have re-released and remastered their first album and will be playing all your favorites right there at the Voodoo. They are promising a special tiki stage set, and as you know from having seen them in the past, they do put on one hell of a show.

As I've said before, they will bring the voodoo to The Voodoo for sure.

Folks, if you've never had the good fortune to see Hogscraper live before, here is your chance to catch one of the weirdest, most original, and downright best live acts around.

http://www.hogscraper.com

Ahu

TJ

I will be there selling the Book of Tiki T-Shirts and listening to Hogscraper!!

I'm going

S

I and the wahine will be there. I will be taking on DJ responsibilities sometime during the event. I also got in touch with the daughter of the original owner of the Kahiki and it turns out she will be in Columbus that weekend (she lives in the Carolinas). She got in touch with Skip and Mike, former bartenders at the Kahiki, and they will be there. I hope we can get them to pour a few Navy Grogs and such. I also asked her to see about getting something to share from her Dad like a photo album or scrapbook. We'll see. I am hoping to show a short Kahiki video at the event, but that depends on if I have time to get it together. If the current Kahiki owner won't work with us, we'll just have to get the original owner to help out...

Hoffa has offered to take me to eat tongue somewhere and I have a home bar or two to visit. It should be a fun weekend.

K

Yes, I promise a fun weekend for sure to the out of towners. We will keep you plenty busy and take good care of ya.

Swanky, we need to chat again about the state of affairs with Skip and Mike. Stop by the Lodge when ya get a chance?

Ahu

K

Also, Detroit folks, I know Mattfink was asking about the event. Check out the site and see if you have questions. We are still looking to add more vendors, and it won't cost ya a dime to set up.

Drop me an email.

Ahu

i'm still going

ohio? are you sure? I still dont believe it.

K

Don't worry Jimmy, I'll be putting a map of the US on the site soon so folks know where Ohio is.

Ahu (grinning)

Pages: 1 10 replies