Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Do You Think Your Pet Thinks of You as Mommy/Daddy?

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

They don't. Get a life. Seek Help immediately.

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong 2005-07-09 17:44 ]

D

my furkids can beat up your furkids..anytime :)

My Pet Rock really thinks I am it's daddy. It always waits for me to come home, wake up, and take him for walks. It gets so upset that he never eats his food. I mean, you should see his bowl it is overflowing and all over the floor crushed in my carpet it's all over the place. But, I'm his daddy and I love him so much. Maybe, I should get him a hamster or sumthin?

P
pablus posted on Sat, Jul 9, 2005 7:30 PM

At the vet the other day, the girl who was weighing Crusader said "It's OK... daddy is here."

Me: "This dog doesn't know me as daddy, he knows me as 'master."

She looked at me like I had just kicked one of Jerry's Kids in the stomach.

And then she told me that I should get his nads cut off.
Who's crueler?

(mmmmm....crullers.)

S
SES posted on Sat, Jul 9, 2005 7:51 PM

No way... I'm just her human slave.

B

susane, do you have a cat?

My mother's cat just died while she was out of town. The cat was old, and while my brother was over to feed it, it hopped up onto a counter, then slid and hit its head on something and paralyzed its hind legs. My brother had to have it put down.

My mother is still grieving.

Poor little Mimi.

Say what you will about pets, but appreciate them while they are with us.

I thoughts so until I tried enrolling her in preschool.

Oh, absolutely my Scottish terrier Pip thinks of Mr. and Mrs. Satan's Sin as mommy and daddy. And is rather strict about it.

One day when we had friends over I gave a lady friend a hug ... and when Pip saw this he started barking angrily. We stopped hugging and he stopped barking -- but kept an alert Scottish eye on us. I tried hugging her again and the barks started up afresh.

No hugging of grown women except for my lawful wife, in my Scottish dog's book!

My dog thinks I'm her master. My cat thinks I'm her servant. I'm cool with that. As Martin Mull would say - "I go out with a dunce, I'm stupid at once...I'm flexible."

Only the lonely...

Only the lonely, fitting in my situation.
When my husband is away on a ship or with work in general my pets keep me company. I couldn't do it without them, they mean a lot to me.

-edit-
To answer your question, I don't think any of them think of me as mommy or daddy. I don't crap on the lawn or in a box, nor do I eat off the floor or have to be let in or out(unless the price is right). They know I'm not like them, but they love me anyhow. Or at least, they let me feed them without biting my arm off/scratching my face off.

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-07-13 00:03 ]

double post delete

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-07-13 00:02 ]

On 2005-07-09 17:58, dogbytes wrote:
my furkids can beat up your furkids..anytime :)

My cat bit your honor student. :lol:

On 2005-07-09 19:30, pablus wrote:

At the vet the other day, the girl who was weighing Crusader said "It's OK... daddy is here."

Me: "This dog doesn't know me as daddy, he knows me as 'master."

She looked at me like I had just kicked one of Jerry's Kids in the stomach.

And then she told me that I should get his nads cut off.
Who's crueler?

(mmmmm....crullers.)

:lol: Dammit Pablus! You know what it's like to be drinking a glass of OJ and you read something funny & the juice comes out your nose? Well, I was eating a Ham Sandwich!

E

Hmmmm I'd better go see if the cats are hungry...

[ Edited by: Exoticat 2005-07-17 19:47 ]

I hope not.

MH

I believe my dog looks at me as his superior or better yet, as the alpha dog, but definitely not as his "mommy". He looks at me for direction, discipline, and praise. People (coughDerekMitchellcough) call me his mommy, but I don't look at my dog that way. He's well behaved and well loved and that's he needs besides a full bowl of food.

Pages: 1 17 replies