Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Smokin' Menehunes @ Buster's Beach House

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

Hey all,

Come on down to Buster's Beach House on Sunday, August 7th from 4pm to 7pm, as the Smokin' Menehunes play our little brand of rockabiily-infused Hawaiian music.

Buster's is a fine little grass shack set up by TC's own Bamboo Ben.

http://www.bustersbeachhouse.com/html/bbhlbframeset.html

(Well be giving away fabulousy door prizes such as a free gulp of hydrogen to every 3rd patron.)

Buster's Beach House & Longboard Bar
Located on the water at Alamitos Bar Landing
168 N. Marina Drive
Long Beach, CA 90803
562-598-9431

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong 2005-07-24 10:51 ]

On 2005-07-09 20:06, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Hey all,

Come on down to Buster's Beach House on Sunday, August 7th from 4pm to 7pm, as the Smokin' Menehunes play our little brand of rockabiily-infused Hawaiian music.

Buster's is a fine little grass shack set up by TC's own RevBamboo Ben.

(Well be giving away fabulousy door prizes such as a free gulp of hydrogen to every 3rd patron.)

Buster's Beach House & Longboard Bar
Located on the water at Alamitos Bar Landing
168 N. Marina Drive
Long Beach, CA 90803
562-598-9431

Will try to make this one fo' sure. Haven't been there since the build out. Cool.

WooHoo! What a perfect way to finish off the weekend :)
Soccer Tiki and I will be there.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-08-03 20:38 ]

DAMN! Thats right in my neighborhood too! Scott and I would love to see you guys but I just got "in" to exhibit at the San Francisco Aloha Festival that weekend so we won't be able to make it. bummer. Word of advice-whatever you do, don't touch the dancing James Brown doll that's on stage! My brothers band played there once and we moved it to a table in front of the band to let him strut his stuff and needless to say, the woman in charge was NOT pleased about it. Bong-I think you are the one my husband met at the Tiki Farm Sale, discussing HBTattoo...we lent you the canopy to play under...YOU GUYS ROCK! Keep posting your gigs, please.

On 2005-07-10 23:55, coconutkiss wrote: Bong-I think you are the one my husband met at the Tiki Farm Sale, discussing HBTattoo...we lent you the canopy to play under...YOU GUYS ROCK! Keep posting your gigs, please.

Yeah, it was I. You both rock also. And I really appreciated the ice cold beer you gave me.

Cold beer in the booth-always and everywhere. Come by anytime...are you guys going to play at the Long Beach Tiki Fest? Aug 20-21st...Lemme know. Fred owes us a favor since my husband grouted the pier for him...ask Danny (Tiki Diablo) too since I think he's involved with it as well. HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE! Aloha-Gina

On 2005-07-11 17:45, coconutkiss wrote:
Cold beer in the booth-always and everywhere. Come by anytime...are you guys going to play at the Long Beach Tiki Fest? Aug 20-21st...Lemme know. Fred owes us a favor since my husband grouted the pier for him...ask Danny (Tiki Diablo) too since I think he's involved with it as well. HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE! Aloha-Gina

Gina,

Talked to Fred a few weeks ago and he said we're in as he wants to go with only Hawaiian tunage this year.

SCHWEET!!!!

Is this open to all ages? One of my nephews will be visiting and thought we bring him to check out the show.

Utopian Dreem-I took my nephew (7 yr old)there when my brothers band played and there wasn't a problem. It might change after a certain hour, but since you can eat in there too, I don't think its a big deal. you might want to call and make sure...

Count me in!!!

TM

I will be there!

Morning bump!

Sorry guys. You just got bumped by Jack Johnson. For a good cause though. Arty Rocks!! You should dedicate your show @ Busters to him! See you next time.

You can't give up Jack Johnson, thats for sure! Well Bamboo Ben, at least you will be there in spirit...you are aware that theres a photo of you on the wall in Buster's bar, right?

On 2005-08-03 19:22, coconutkiss wrote:
You can't give up Jack Johnson, thats for sure! Well Bamboo Ben, at least you will be there in spirit...you are aware that theres a photo of you on the wall in Buster's bar, right?

Ha what?? Where ?? I smell a law suit!!

Just joking. They wanted me to sign something when I completed the decor, so that was it. Several restaurants have little sigs or hidden pics or blatant in your face, but all different.

Maybe we'll have a Mele Kalikimaka thang this year at the store and have the SMOKING M'S play. Or, for the next OC mini crawl. Or, for the next Gathering of the tribes. We'll finger out something.

TM

Hey, we will play anything, anytime, anyplace (although right now we are booked up solid for the next month straight!!)

I strongly urge all devotees of Hawaiian music to show up Sunday...it will be an awesome party! We will be debuting our newest original song, (written by Tiki Bong himself)..."harbor Seal march"

Which I might add, is one rocking, swinging tune!!

:music: bump :music:

I was fortunate enough to catch the beginning of the Smokin Menehunes set and I just wanted to say that they sounded great. Unfortunately, we had to leave to get to another engagement. I am looking forward to catching the Smokin Menehunes at the Tiki Beach fest.
Later,
Spermy

Pages: 1 17 replies