Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

GeoCaching and Tiki

Pages: 1 5 replies

I just read the Tiki Gate topic and was happy to see another GeoCacher in the tiki forum. It made me wonder...how many of us are tiki sluts AND GeoCachers?

Tikipedia for sure
Dawntiki maybe
Me and the Mr. for sure (caching under shop99er)

Who else?

And FYI...any of you cachers in the Kitsap County (Washington state) area on August 13th are welcome to attend GeoLuau II - The Return of Manulani.

DZ

Check out this thread.

AHOY!

I've got this travelbug out there- Started out in Ohio, now in Germany I think?

http://www.redcorecreative.com/tiki/CS_Lost_Resort/pages/Geotiki.html

Side note-
If anyone is interested in Geocaching or will have a GPS at Hukilau, I'll be more than happy to set up a mini cache for the event... Just PM or email me with interest.

Also check out this thread:

The Great Tiki Geocaching Project

I've got something underway at tikicache.com (don't bother looking yet, it's not up). I've got another big project underway at the moment, but I'll be launching it at the end of the month, and then hopefully I might be able to wrap up my TikiCache work.

E
Erika posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 9:40 AM

Meanwhile, are there are any tiki fans who do letterboxing?
See http://www.letterboxing.org

It's a cousin to geocacheing. You follow clues (anything from straightforward basic directions to difficult puzzles) to find the hidden letterbox, and then you stamp the rubber stamp you find there into your personal book and you sign in to the box's logbook by stamping that with your own personal stamp. There's no cache of items to give/take from, and no GPS involved (you do need a compass). The rubber stamps are often hand-carved; the ones in the letterboxes usually commemorate the location or the theme of the box.

Letterboxing sounds fun. My mom and I do scrap books and crafts with her friends on Saturday evenings and sometimes on Thursdays. We have made some fun rubber stamps. I made a palm tree and a small pineapple rubber stamp that I could use. I want to try to make a tiki rubber stamp maybe next week. How do you start letterboxing? Do you go in your neighborhood? Or how far away to do have to go? I still have to get rides from my parents, but that is okay.

Pages: 1 5 replies