Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hurricane Dennis

Pages: 1 8 replies

OK - I realize any of theFlorida/New Orleans/Alabama Ohana who are reading this are probably OK, but are you guys ok? It looks kinda bad, from the couch in Nor Cal.

The obligatory sideways blowing newscaster in a tarp is always kind of interesting to watch! Remind me how lucky I am to only worry about earthquakes!

Stay safe and dry :)
mrs. pineapple

OH NO! I'm watching MSNBC coverage in Panama City, and the sideways news reporter just announced and showed a Tiki Hut blowing down the beach, followed by several more. Batten down the mugs!
mrs. pineapple

Was it a "Florida Tiki hut"? Hopefully no tikis were harmed in the making of the broadcast.

T

No problem in New Orleans/Metairie. Cindy created way more trouble than Dennis.

Stay safe all of you who are in harms way.

P

Tornado hit 100 yards away from the Lagoon Lounge on Sat. morning.
Ripped that neighborhood across the schoolyard to shreds.
Roofs off - cars smashed - trees uprooted.

Lots of strong winds... but so many weak trees were taken out last year during Jeanne and Frances that the survivors weathered well.

Last year so many trees and limbs fell that they opened up most of the county parks as places to freely dump truckloads of yard waste. Nothing at all like that this time around.

And yet - we're just one month into "hurricane season."
If Clearwater ever gets hit it's going to be very ugly.
I'll have to put up the Haole Kats and all their cruddy ukes.
:wink:)

Tornados are way scarier than earthquakes, in my book. Glad to hear you made it through this one Pablus!

B

Still waiting to hear from Sam gambino who lives just south of Mobile Alabama. He probably had to evacuate and when they let him back in I'm sure he and hi family will be fine, I Hope.
Sam, You OK??

I just saw this thread. We're doing well. Thanks Ben and everyone else!

Pages: 1 8 replies