Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Found, but not yet purchased

Pages: 1 5 replies

I just found a Hawaiian Hilton triangle mug identical to the one show in the link below from TikiRoom.net. This mug is in a flea market on a shelf marked "Not for Sale," but everything's for sale, right? I'm not sure if the owner has any idea what it is.

Has anyone recently bought one of these or seen one for sale? I'm trying to figure out what to offer. (Yeah, I'm really asking for it, aren't I) I haven't found one in completed eBay auctions.

Thanks!

http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/unmarked/abf

I may be wrong, but I think I've seen that one sell a couple of times on Ebay. Anywhere from $50 to over $100 depending on the day. The dealer proably dosen't know it can sell for that so I'd go and offer 5 bucks. You never know, they may think they're ripping you off! Hmmm...maybe you should just tell US the name and location of the dealer....:)

When I sold mine, I got $90 for it. I paid $15 for it at an Antique Store..

PI

Make up some story about how you had one and it broke and that your father gave it to you before he died.

My friend once scored some old tin godzilla toy from this lady after he said it was for a nephew that collected cool lizard toys. She was so happy with her $20, because she said it was a toy that an old customer gave her as a present and didn't want to sell it. He rebalanced his karma though by actually buying a lizard toy for his nephew LOL.

On 2005-07-10 18:52, Cool Manchu wrote:
When I sold mine, I got $90 for it. I paid $15 for it at an Antique Store..

YIPES! Well, I would have guessed around half that. I'm gonna go for it and if he turns me down, I'll know why.

Thanks for the info everybody.

T

I got mine for 9.95 on Ebay... love those 'african vases'!

Pages: 1 5 replies