Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Looking for Paul Page's "The Big Island Says Aloha"

Pages: 1 7 replies

I've really enjoyed Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge, but one song in particular has stood out as my favourite, Page's "Chicken Kona Kaai". I'd like to track down a copy of the album it was on (or even just a copy of that song, although I'd prefer the whole album) but there's little to no information online about the record. Does anyone have more information about it, and hopefully knows an online source to buy a copy?

Thanks,

dale

G

On 2005-07-11 11:36, adjensen wrote:
I've really enjoyed Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge, but one song in particular has stood out as my favourite, Page's "Chicken Kona Kaai".

I to have been a-hunting for that track (though I believe it's on "Let's Have a Luau," credited to Paul Page and his Paradise Music, with the Island-aires). I'd dearly love to have the track, and, like you, would prefer the album. Beggars can't be choosers, though, so I'd gladly have the one.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

V

Chicken Kona Kaai is in fact on The Big Island Says Aloha. Paul Page records are definitely some of the hardest to get. I was very lucky to get a Still Sealed original version of this one. Crappy cover scan below:

The same version of Chicken Kona Kai is also on Pieces Of Eight.

A

On 2005-07-12 16:53, vegasvic wrote:
Chicken Kona Kaai is in fact on The Big Island Says Aloha. Paul Page records are definitely some of the hardest to get. I was very lucky to get a Still Sealed original version of this one.

Neat album cover. I guess this one never made it to cd, eh?

Thank you, Vic, for sharing such great music on the Live365 station. It's a frequent player for me!

dale

G

On 2005-07-12 16:53, vegasvic wrote:
Chicken Kona Kaai is in fact on The Big Island Says Aloha.

I suspect it may well, then, be on more than one record of his. I've got credible information (though I can no longer find the cover scans to verify this) that the track "Chicken Kona Kai" appears on Let's Have a Luau (Paradise PM-8669). At least that was the copy of the track that was DJ'ed at the last SF Crawl.

The real question, though, is if there is a copy of this track a-floating around out there. :)

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

If you want to trade.......pm me. I have a cd with Paul Page "Hawaiian Honeymoon" + "Let's Have A Luau" . It also has Gene Rains "Rains In The Tropics", but I can remove that album if you wish..........

I have the LP in great shape, email me if interested, I want $40. I don't make CDr's

Pages: 1 7 replies