Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

NEW features: Product of the Day AND Cool & Current

Pages: 1 14 replies

Aloha all,

I've updated The Bar with two new features:

Product of the Day
Every day Tiki Central will feature a new product. Most often it will be Tiki or bar-related in some way, but the idea is to have fun with it and get some variety, so from time to time it may be something unexpected. When the Product of the Day is an Amazon link, Amazon will share a percentage of all sales made through the link with Tiki Central.

The all-new Cool & Current
At the bottom of each topic you'll notice an image that looks like this: Clicking on this button is the all-new way to nominate a topic for Cool & Current. Nominations are automatically tallied and the topics with the most nominations will be displayed in The Bar.

The ability to nominate is a Grand-Members-only privledge. I want to make sure Grand Members continue to help shape the direction of Tiki Central. Plus, with the rampant number of fake profiles popping up recently, this makes ballot-box-stuffing harder.

The Cool & Current section has been around since the introduction of the Bar, but in the past it was updated manually (and therefore rarely).

I hope you enjoy these new additions! Let me know what you think!

Mahalo!

~Hanford

Hey, thanks Hanford!
I clicked it without thinking before I knew what it was, doh!

Ahh well, now I know :)
I'll be much more careful with it from now on.
"What was your first concert" isn't worthy of cool & current.

nifty. i just noticed the star thingie, but didnt click, for fear of self implosion. now that those fears are relieved, i'll click away.. after i read the instructions again.

thanks for doing so many new and fun things for us, Hanford!

elicia

Yeah, I just saw it. Pretty cool idea.

Dang! I just bought Creating Tiki last week through Amazon.

Love the new stuff! Thanks for all the hard work!

-Joe

R

Nice, I vote that this tread "cool and current" is "cool and current".

M

Weeeee. I just nominated it as well. Cool new features Hanford.

I like these new features a TON, Mahalo Hanford!

Give all your prayers and thoughts to Stentiki aka Arty and Tina. He needs everything everyone else has right now. Send Mucho Mana his way!!!

S
SES posted on Tue, Jul 12, 2005 11:39 PM

These are great!

B

More proof, TC Rocks!!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 6:13 AM

Who needs more proof TC rocks? We all already knew that.

Awesome job hanford. I take my fez off to you

M

Who chooses the product of the day? How can we get our product listed?

Love the new features. I can't keep up with this site anymore. It used to be easy to read the days posts, now it would take a day to read everything new.

On 2005-07-14 19:43, MauiTiki wrote:
Who chooses the product of the day? How can we get our product listed?
I choose them. I don't know how people can get their product listed yet as I don't really have a process for additions, unlike Banner Ads which are now automated. I need a process that is not too time consuming for me. So I'll look into that.

~Hanford

H

An elaboration on how Cool & Current works:

Each Grand Member is able to nominate topics for Cool & Current.

You can nominate a topic by clicking the icon at the bottom of that topic's page.

You can nominate as many topics as you think are worthy, there's no limit.

A topic can have many nominations from multiple Grand Members -- as a matter of fact, a topic will only actually appear on the Cool & Current section on the front page if it has received nominations from multiple Grand Members.

A Grand Member cannot nominate a topic more than once.

Hanford & I don't have any say in what topics appear in the Cool & Current section (aside from that we're both Grand Members, so we get to vote along with everyone else).

Pages: 1 14 replies