Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Stentiki thanks you for your thoughts and prayers! - Updated 8/1 4:15 a.m.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 239 replies

T

Yes, please keep those positive vibes and thoughts happening! I will try to get an update later today, but might not hear back until tomorrow. Tina might even be bringing Arty home today, so it could be a bit hectic for them. Stay tuned!

Mahalo!

This is great, great news! Thank you for all the updates- this has really made my day/month/year. This illustrates why TC is sucha great place. While we come here to have fun this shows what a caring community this has become.

Stay strong Arty! We want to see a FULL recovery.

Have any of the SD Ohana been over to visit? Is Arty well enough to have any of us visit? Does Arty want any of us to visit (there being the possibility of Chargers fans amongst us...)?

See, I go away for awhile and one of our members gets sick!? Arty, don't know if we'll ever meet, but please you've got all this positive energy supporting you, get well, hell take your time but please get back to 110% When they suggest Cardio PT, take it, the nurses are cute! I know, been there done that!

Rocky

B

Arties on top again, he likes it up here. Weekend is coming up pretty soon, any new status reports to sing about?? Our man is Still hospitalized and we CAN'T forget about him now just because he seems to be doing well. Atrie still needs all our thoughts, prayers and for us to save him a few MaiTais Oh you were DRINKING the maitais FOR him, oooooooooohhh. No Save some foooorrrr hhim.
C'mon Arty. get better..

Many cherry flavoured kisses towards a speedy recovery Arty!

Cheers!
~CC

T

:bump:

:music: ...We, love Arty... :music:

(sung to the tune of Bow Wow Wow's 'I Want Candy'

T

Yes, bump again.

T

Hey, guess what. I just talked to Arty. Yes, the man himself. He sounded great! He's with us, and you've not heard the last of him yet. You'll have to get... the rest of the story from him direct. Oh yes! There will be tales to be told.

Thank you everyone for all the thoughts and prayers!!! I'm a little overwhemed, so thanks again.

B

TikiGreg, Thanks bor bringing us such great news, THE MAN SPEAKS, and he's talkin up a storm ladies and gentelmen (don't say that storm word!) Welcome back ARTY, and thanks to tikiGreg for keeping us all posted on the ongoing condition changes that ARRRRRTTTY Went thru. MAybe TikiGreg can get some sleep tonight . Good night
We Love you

On 2005-07-22 18:50, tikigreg wrote:
Hey, guess what. I just talked to Arty. Yes, the man himself. He sounded great! He's with us, and you've not heard the last of him yet. You'll have to get... the rest of the story from him direct. Oh yes! There will be tales to be told.

Thank you everyone for all the thoughts and prayers!!! I'm a little overwhemed, so thanks again.

F@ck YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow day/night we GO OFF in the name of ARrrrrrrTY!!!

Was sitting at Trader Vics this eve in Emeryville chugging (not sipping) a Mai Tai just about the time he called you Greg. How bizzare is that!!!? Score!!! ( Drove past Raider-Ville Stadium aka Arty-Nation, twice today. Must have been in the air!!!)

Keep up the well wish's peoples. Arty is going to have a bit of a recovery. Keep it up man!!

That's really good news. What a relief. Thanks for the update Greg.

On 2005-07-22 23:58, bigbrotiki wrote:
That's really good news. What a relief. Thanks for the update Greg.

Bump!!!!

H

Good stuff. Tops to know he is doing well.

Should someone print this off and show him all of this. Should really get his spirits up I think.

Awesome news

T

On 2005-07-23 00:44, hewey wrote:
Good stuff. Tops to know he is doing well.

Should someone print this off and show him all of this. Should really get his spirits up I think.

Awesome news

I forgot to mention that he called us after he had read all the posts from everyone. I think that's why he sounded so great! He wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes, and is quite overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from all of you.

Like RevBoo said, Arty will have some recuperation to get through, but he was very upbeat and chipper on the phone.

Don't forget, if you want, you can send cards and anything else you'd like to the address on page 1.

Arty,
Glad to hear you're home!
Aloha,
Tiki Chris

To the TC Ohana,

Tina and I want to express our deepest thanks for your love and support. When I read these messages yesterday, I was completely blown away by your thoughts, prayers, comments and hopes for us. I am overwhelmed by your kindness from those whom I have come to know well to those I never met. It just speaks to the wonderful vibe this website has always had that keeps us coming back.

As I read your comments, it was really strange to follow my own progression in terms of my health situation. Of course, I had no idea how serious my condition was, but I can tell you that I could feel the power of a lot of people supporting me. It was incredible to follow the updates as I continued (and still continue) to grow stronger. In doing so, I could not help but have a mini breakdown as I cried, laughed, felt an incredible sense of pride that I belong with such an amazing group of people. I would also, like to send a special mahalo to TikiGreg and Kathleen for posting and keeping you all up to date. I'm still amazed at all the support they were able to coordinate from all of you. We love you guys!

Anyhoo, Tina is telling me that it is time for lunch and more meds, so I must go for now, but I wanted to at least acknowledge all of you for your thoughtfulness.
I'll fill you in on the full story sometime as it was quite the ordeal coming up from Baja. But for now, please know that I truly appreciate your Mana and that the power of positive thinking works!

"Sometimes Truth is Stranger Than Fiction" - Bad Religion

Many Mahalos!

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki 2005-07-23 12:15 ]

Welcome back!

HEY! Let's do ARTY!!!!

Arty, arty bo barty banana fana fo f...

(Yeah, you'll have to hear that old joke for a while longer!)

Here we go Arty!
Got a new hearty!
Get well!
Get well!
When's the party?

Great to have you back Arty, look after yourself.

Welcome back! If you're feeling up to it, there's a beach party tonight in your honor! Everbody would love to see you! (I know, I know, a little too soon) Take care, feel better, and you'll be ready for the next one!

glad to see you're back home.
:)

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2005-07-23 13:32 ]

S
SES posted on Sat, Jul 23, 2005 1:45 PM

:)

Wow! It's so great to see an update from YOU.
Heal quickly!

Best wishes on your continuing recovery.

K

Wow Arty -

I totally got goose bumps reading a post from you. We are all so thankful you are home and healing. Way to Go TC! What a frightening tale to tell! Here's to a speedy revovery. We love you and Tina!

Sara and Bax and the little dogs too.

T

Great to hear your home. Take time and mend. Next time your in the NY area I will have to make a trip up to meet ya.

B

Really, Really gla to hear from YOU that you are doing better. Thats the best update I've heard the whole time this has been going. Arty iss great getting all these posts from TikiGreg about you making progress and stuff, but when YOU step up and give the best progress report of all it kinda makes all the bells ring and the angels sing and everything is now so HappyHapyHappy. Thanks for the update and most of all THANKS for pullin through! In Style!!!
Get some well deserved rest, Good night.
We Love Ya

Welcome home Arty! The Ohana is here for you, just hollar if you need anything!
We pray for your recovery and for your family as well. (Lets not forget what Tina has been through!) God Bless you both.
Steve.

VERY good point bananabobs...
Tina needs a heap of our warmest fuzzies too.
Being the caregiver is no picnic.

R

Arty - Glad to hear that you are feeling better and on the mend. Not only was the Beach Burn tonight in your honor, but several times as new offerings were added to the Tiki Fire Pit a chant of "Arty! Arty! Arty!" was summoned for all of Huntington Beach to hear.

[ Edited by: Riptide 2005-07-23 23:27 ]

On 2005-07-23 12:14, stentiki wrote:
To the TC Ohana,

Tina and I want to express our deepest thanks for your love and support. When I read these messages yesterday, I was completely blown away by your thoughts, prayers, comments and hopes for us. I am overwhelmed by your kindness from those whom I have come to know well to those I never met. It just speaks to the wonderful vibe this website has always had that keeps us coming back.

As I read your comments, it was really strange to follow my own progression in terms of my health situation. Of course, I had no idea how serious my condition was, but I can tell you that I could feel the power of a lot of people supporting me. It was incredible to follow the updates as I continued (and still continue) to grow stronger. In doing so, I could not help but have a mini breakdown as I cried, laughed, felt an incredible sense of pride that I belong with such an amazing group of people. I would also, like to send a special mahalo to TikiGreg and Kathleen for posting and keeping you all up to date. I'm still amazed at all the support they were able to coordinate from all of you. We love you guys!

Anyhoo, Tina is telling me that it is time for lunch and more meds, so I must go for now, but I wanted to at least acknowledge all of you for your thoughtfulness.
I'll fill you in on the full story sometime as it was quite the ordeal coming up from Baja. But for now, please know that I truly appreciate your Mana and that the power of positive thinking works!

Many Mahalos!

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki 2005-07-23 12:15 ]

Fukk Ya!!!!

Good to have you alive bro!

One more for the road.............

A febrile shocking violent smack
The children are hoping for a heart attack,
Tonight the windows are watching,
The streets all conspire,
And the lamppost can’t stop crying,
If I could fly high above the world,
Would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? ,
Or would I see hungry lover homicides,
Loving brother suicides,
And olly olly oxenfrees,
Who pickaside and hide

The world is scratching at my door,
My morning papers got the scores,
The human interest stories, and the obituary

Cockroach naps and rattling traps,
How many devils can you fit upon a match head? ,
Caringosity killed the kerouac cat,
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction

In my alley around the corner,
There’s a wino with feathered shoulders,
And a spirit giving head for crack and he’ll never want it back,
There’s a little kid and his family eating crackers like thanksgiving
And a pack of wild desperados scornful of living

The worlds is scratching at my door....

Cradle for a cat, wolfe looks back,
How many angels can you fit upon a match?
I want to know why hemingway cracked,
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction

Life is the crummiest book I ever read,
There isn’t a hook, just a lot of cheap shots,
Pictures to shock and characters an amateur would never dream up

Thinking that the "Honorary Stentiki (formaly OC ) Beach Burn" that Bong organized but left and never saw the flame, might have to be moved next year to Bolsa Chica as it is closer to the victim we speak of and that they ( the Man!) are onto the burning of the tikis. It was a good burn Arrrrty and you were very thought of. Keep up the good work and chill out and heal. "We love you Man!"

B

Gooood Moorninnng Arty and Tina.
Hope you enjoyed sleeping in your own bed and under your own roof for a change. By now your head is starting to clear a little bit and things are not quite as fuzzy as before. Hope all continues to get better as you both begin the long healing process. Pretty soon we will find ourselves Nagging you to "Take it easy" and to not overdo everything. Like everyone feels, if you want or need Anything, just say the word, we're here For You guys.
Many more Happys.

Prayers continue....wecome back!

Hey Uncle Arty,
It was great to read your email and know that you're on the road to recovery. Take good care and thank you to everybody who kept me posted with emails while I've been away. It'd be great if we could do something cool for Art when he's ready to hang out again!
Holden

S

Thank you again for your kind thoughts and concern, especially as it relates to Tina. She has been crazy busy trying to care for me, manage the phone calls and visits, talking to doctors, and making sure I'm doing all the right things. During the whole ordeal she never left my side. She spent every single night at the hospital, sleeping in the lobby and washing up in the tiny, very public ladies room. Even though I was fortunate to have my family and select friends there for me as well, all of them had the good sense to stay in nearby hotels/motels for the night. I feel so lucky and blessed to have a wife who refused to give up on me and gave me the added love and strength I needed to keep on fightin' the fight. She has way too much pride to take credit for anything, and still has not found a moment to stop and read all the wonderful comments you have posted (she's running more errands on my behalf even as we speak). But I will continue to share with her your thoughtfulness and let her know you are thinking of her.

Mahalo once again for your continued support.

Way to go Stentiki. Keep up the good fight. You are blessed!

Every post, every thought, every thing, mentioned on this topic goes out to Tina as well ( Being that yous are a package deal. A super cool packaged deal! ). Damn strong woman! Wives ROCK!!

On 2005-07-24 15:29, stentiki wrote:
Thank you again for your kind thoughts and concern, especially as it relates to Tina. She has been crazy busy trying to care for me, manage the phone calls and visits, talking to doctors, and making sure I'm doing all the right things. During the whole ordeal she never left my side. She spent every single night at the hospital, sleeping in the lobby and washing up in the tiny, very public ladies room. Even though I was fortunate to have my family and select friends there for me as well, all of them had the good sense to stay in nearby hotels/motels for the night. I feel so lucky and blessed to have a wife who refused to give up on me and gave me the added love and strength I needed to keep on fightin' the fight. She has way too much pride to take credit for anything, and still has not found a moment to stop and read all the wonderful comments you have posted (she's running more errands on my behalf even as we speak). But I will continue to share with her your thoughtfulness and let her know you are thinking of her.

Mahalo once again for your continued support.

you're a real class act arty.

take care,
chris

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jul 25, 2005 5:18 AM

Great to have you back man. Hope everything continues to be on the up and up. Good stuff

Great to hear from The Man himself. Bless Tina for all she has done- you are truly a lucky man, Arty. The true test of a person's heart and soul occurs under this type of adversity and Tina has shown how truly extraordinary she is. The best to both of you, and I hope to be fortunate enough to meet my new hero, Tina, someday.

[ Edited by: Urban Tiki 2005-07-25 07:20 ]

B

Bump ip up, bump it Way up, Bump it up Big, We know arty and Tina are home asleep in their own bed, but they still need a Lot of help.They are out of the hospital but not entirely out of the woods yet. Just don't forget about them so soon.

Arty and Tina, If there is anything you would like or need post it here and it will find its way to you, you just have to mention it! We will do it.
We Love you guys, goodnight,
Benzart

M

*you're a real class act arty. *

Agreed, Arty is first-rate.

I've been away, to the land of limited internet and unlimited heat, also known as Arizona... so I missed out on the latest reports of Arty's triumphant return to Huntington Beach 92649. Even though I knew Arty was pulling through the tough spots and on his way home, I still thought of him as I had what felt like several M.I.'s suffering through that 110 degree dry heat.

Now that Arty is back I wish to offer my appreciation and recognition to his better half: Tina. The caregivers and loved-ones of the sick do a great service for a patient's ultimate recovery and in the turmoil and strain of the event they're often overlooked. Way to got Tina for everything you did for Arty. He is definitley a very lucky man in many ways. But Arty, let's just not push that luck again like this for a while!

midnite

T

I know no one wants to hear this, but Arty is back in the hospital. The first page of this thread is updated with the few details I have. Hopefully this is just a minor setback, and things will be fine. But in the meantime, maybe we can get a few more prayers and good vibes happening again for Uncle Arty.

Mahalo

This is not good news, but let's hope it is just a minor setback. Let's keep those positive vibes and prayers coming. It's too soon to stop fighting now, Arty!

[ Edited by: Urban Tiki 2005-07-27 07:18 ]

Let's keep the positive energy flowing to Arty and Tina!

Arty, come back home soon!!!

S
SES posted on Wed, Jul 27, 2005 9:24 AM

You can make jello at home. You don't have to go back to the hospital to have it. :)

Hope everything is going well.

N

Stentiki,

I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you but you sound like a wonderful guy that I hope to meet one day. My thoughts and prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.

All my best,

Nicktiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 239 replies