Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

London Bombings Beat King Kukulele!! 7:30AM CST 7/14/05

Pages: 1 5 replies

For those Tiki Centralites who tuned into WGN last friday to see King Kukulele and wondered where I went...I can’t compete with the tragedy of the London bombings. So WGN kindly recorded a piece of my act to be aired tomorrow morning July 14th, 2005 at 7:30AM CENTRAL standard time, which is 5:30AM in California (You do the math). It will be aired during that half hour but I’ve been told it will actually happen around 7:50 (or 5:50 in California or 2:30 in Waikiki) I hope you can catch it, and I hope you enjoy it.

Mahalo!
King Kukulele

Hey King,
I was at lunch a little while ago, and WGN midday news was on the TV, and low and behold I see you in a commercial for your spot tommorrow morning.
You were fantastical this past weekend, and it was an incredible closing act you did for us Sunday at the Chef! Hope to see you back up Chi-town way again soon.
TTFN

T

Unfortunately the WGN I pickup is the Superstation. Only carries the Chicago noon and 9 o'clock news. Religious programs in the a.m. Was looking forward to it too.

Dude,
Just saw your bit on WGN. You really crack me up! That was out a control! WAY COOL!
Long Live the King!!!!

C

& our WGN picks up "Happy Days" during that time slot - big bummer :(

Thanks for tuning in guys,
I had no idea that WGN had two sets of programming! Man between the London bombings and my misinformation I feel like I really put my foot in my mouth. Well I hope to be back in Chicago soon, I had a great time and I really appreciate you enjoying the shows. Its a real honor to be invited to entertain and its always a blast when there's kids to pick on.
Mahalo!
King Kukulele

Pages: 1 5 replies