Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Savage Renewal-ish A Tiki Tattoo (finally finished)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Ow Ow Ow, my arm is hot and sore but i thought i would share the birthday present my wife gave me, namely a big voucher for work at my fravorite tattooist..

1.2.3.4.[/img]

1. The Before shot, my pale white arm with some old tattoos on it.

2. A couple of days pondering over the first picture and many discarded designs, i came up with this arrangement of tiki, flames and hibiscus.
    3.My arm now after a couple of hours in the caring hands of Morag Sangster and my tattoo is half way finished, now the two week wait for the colouring in.

3. So i went back in August to get my arm coloured in but then i had to go back and get the colour touched up to replace any ink that bled out, but by the time my arm was all healed it was cold winter and showing of my arms went to the back-burner.
    Until this round of savage renewal and i skipped of to my tattooist and bled for Tiki Central so that this thread didn't just dangle uncompleted.

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki 2006-05-23 12:31 ]

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-04 07:08 ]

J

That's gonna look awesome Tony! I'm diggin' the design!

That looks really good. That's one cool idea for a birthday present.

Should look even better when they've inked some colour into it too.

Please post another picture in a couple of weeks.

Fourteen what? :D Are you going to leave the Hibiscus uncolored, or are you going to add white? And what sort of ink is going to make those wonderful neon bright shades?

Kon-Hemsby - i go back in August to get it coloured in, but i was keen to show it off, plus i have a little fetish for tattoo in progress pictures.

freddiefreelance - its not fourteen it XIV, X for UNKNOWN, I for INDIVIDUAL and V for RESISTS..nah just pulling you chain, its my lucky number. I allways seem to live in houses numbered 14, lost my cherry on a number 14 bus, just odd wee coincidences involving that number.
I think we will be colouring the hibiscuses white, but we might not need to thanks to my fine peely wally scottish skin but i've left the final colour choices to my tattoist who is relishing the oppertunity to make a bright colourful tattoo.

A quick bump up for this finished tattoo, probably needs moved to other crafts though.

Pages: 1 5 replies