Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Shameless Grandparent Photos... Caution: NUDITY & ALCOHOL

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

That got your attention, eh?

Here's my grandparents in the 50's whooping it up at the Arts & Letters Club...

And my Grandfather Woody and his best pal bartending that same night...

[ Edited by: tikifish 2005-07-15 06:40 ]

B

My Grandfather at our wedding.

My Gram on the left.

Not the best pic, but check out my other grandmother's hair do. She hasnt changed it since 1953.

T

Grandpa with his new turntable - Dec. 1947....

RR

On 2005-07-15 07:22, Tangaroa wrote:

I have those same Fu Dogs on the top of my TV.

My maternal grandparents, from last year. We were celebrating my grandfather's 80th birthday, and my brother told them this was how to say "I love you" in sign language.

Now, my paternal grandparents, that's where the fun is at. My family has four or five boxes of slides documenting their travels as a military officer's family -- in the '50s they lived all over -- France, Japan, Texas, Wyoming, Washington, Southern California. They went to Opening Day at Disneyland 50 years ago, but I'm not getting my hopes up for pictures of that. I haven't seen the slides myself yet, but I'm working on getting them copied, I'm sure there are some real gems in there.

Finally somewhere to post a picture of my Grammie!

If you have grandparents that are still alive, count your blessings!

T

Ive got none left, sadly. But they now are immortalized on TC!

Love those devil horns, humuhumu! RAWK!!

Aarrrgh!!
-Skully

The Lost Resort

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully 2005-07-15 19:56 ]

I posted this same photo in a different thread awhile back. This is my grandparents at a Lipton Tea function at the Hawaiian Room in NYC in the 1950s. My grandparents are in the very back. Grandma is looking off to her left with the black V-neck, Grandpa is to her right with bamboo coming down between them.

T

On 2005-07-15 09:15, Rob Roy wrote:

Really? I've been trying to find out what is the story behind them - because they gave them to us for Christmas several years ago, and my parents claim that they were given to my Grandparents in the 40s by some missonaries just back from the far East.... I never really got the story, both of them passed away last year....

Are yours exactly the the same? Or just similar?

RR

On 2005-07-18 07:54, Tangaroa wrote:

On 2005-07-15 09:15, Rob Roy wrote:

Really? I've been trying to find out what is the story behind them - because they gave them to us for Christmas several years ago, and my parents claim that they were given to my Grandparents in the 40s by some missonaries just back from the far East.... I never really got the story, both of them passed away last year....

Are yours exactly the the same? Or just similar?

From the blurry photo the look exactly the same. My wife got the from her grandparent too.

T

Hmm! Probably from some LA area store then... Thanks!

Somone's random grandparents what picture I stole offa eBay:

Sabu

This guy is the splitting image of my late Grandpa, he now resides in my back yard.
The birdbath, not Grandpa.

J

Due to unfortunate circumstances Friday I had the opportunity to look through my wife's grandparents' photo albums... I came across these luau photos of them in happier/healthier times...

The group photo... I wonder why the majority of the men are all wearing the same aloha shirt? Nana is seated in the very right hand side in the front, Pop is on the very far left side...

Pop doing the hula w/some of their friends...

... we'll miss you Nan...

You never know who Grandma will bring home on Christmas

On 2005-08-16 21:39, The Sperm Whale wrote:
You never know who Grandma will bring home on Christmas

Thank GOD there was no Nudity or Alcohol involved in that picture!

Pages: 1 17 replies