Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Short Fiction...need your input!

Pages: 1 6 replies

J

This was the first part of a short story that I wrote/am still writing for a TC project that seems to have disappeared... take a read and tell me what you think. I'm still working on finishing it up slowly. If the wheels ever start rolling on the project and if it's deemed worthy we might see it in print some day. :)

Here's the link...

http://home.comcast.net/~johntiki/tikinoir1.doc

...let me know what you think.

GREAT! I want to read more! Excellent work! I am huge noir fan so this is right up my alley and the tiki-esque touches make it even better.

Love it! Keep it going! The movie should be in black and white. :)

I wrote a complete story for the same project. I stayed up late nights to get it done by the deadline of Thanksgiving of last year! Haven't heard anything about it since. Could anyone perhaps just do a web page or something to get everything posted that was done for that project? Just a thought. I know there are many others out there like us.

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2005-07-15 18:23 ]

J

Thanks for the positive feedback... Finkdaddy if I had any computer know-how I'd definitely create a site that would feature Tiki short-stories and other tiki related musings. I heard recently from Tiki Chris and he mentioned he may attempt to get the ball rolling again but I'm sure he's busy with Kamapua'a. We'll see...

K
Kono posted on Fri, Jul 15, 2005 6:21 PM

Sounds great! I look forward to the next installment. I'm already obsessed with the fact that no one has seen a wharf rat in two weeks. Where are they? What does their disappearance signify? :o

That would be great if he could. I don't think there would be to much involved since most of the writing and art is done already. We would just need someone to put it together and post it. Maybe even just a PDF that all the TCers could download. I have no computer savy though, that's why I haven't taken the wheel myself.

H

Cool dude. Well written. Love the syle of your writing.

I wrote a short piece for the "mysterious island pier" creating tiki theme of the month topic.

I also wrote a 1 page story with a guy driving a hot rod through the night streets. Hoping to film it with my neighbour and their '67 mustang, in a gritty black and white style. Its posted here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15362&forum=6&hilite=mustang

Pages: 1 6 replies