Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Kookaleileigh Room, Newport beach, CA (home-bar)

Pages: 1 9 replies

Name:Kookaleileigh Room
Type:home-bar
Street:Palazzo
City:Newport Beach
State:CA
Zip:92660
Phone:949-823-9445

Description:
I recently gutted my living room (what are they for anyway?) and installed a super-cool Tiki Bar.

Check it out at http://www.davidsteele.com/tiki

I originally had Bamboo Ben quote me for his good work, but we just couldn't sync calendars.

Anyway...I did this complete job for $5,241.00 including all furnishings, surfboards and flooring. If anyone wants help or advice with their existing or future projects, I have a WEALTH of tips and information.

[ Edited by: Wiki-Tiki 2005-07-16 17:55 ]

Nice place! I like the name of your bar. Is that a reference to King Kukulele, or the kook-a-lele novelty ukuleles?

Actually both, but the "leigh" part is the spelling of my wife's name. When you tell your spouse that you're going to totally gut your living room and install a tiki bar in its place, it sure helps if you name it after her! (At least, in part).

D

looks great! loved how you were able to incorporate your dad & uncle's WWII trunks into the room..

:drink: here's to you!

H

Cool bar dude.

Live Tiki! Every man's house should be his tiki hut.

TJ

Excellent job!

Where did you get or how did you make the bamboo picture frames?

Mahalo.

J

Awesome bar man! I'm truly inspired now to convert my rinky dink bar into a full blown tiki bar.

On 2005-07-18 18:32, Tiki Joe wrote:
Excellent job!

Where did you get or how did you make the bamboo picture frames?

Mahalo.

The frames were real simple. I just cut two different lengths of halved bamboo and put the longer halves on the top and bottom of the picture (directly onto the wall) then the shorter pieces in between them. It makes for a quick install.

Great job, I love the surfboard bar top, though I'd like the board for myself!

Eddie would go!

Pages: 1 9 replies