Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

All the Cool Kids use Shakers

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

Because they can? Personally, I have found that for your day-to-day cocktail tools, you can't really beat the prices of barproducts.com. From there, you can work you way up to the sky-high priced, but really, really nice stuff at places like Cocktail Kingdom.

And learning to use the Hawthorne and julep strainers is something that really comes in handy. The Hawthorne allows you to adjust the amount of straining of the cocktail you are serving. So you go from a really clear daiquiri to an everything but the kitchen sink Mai Tai.

On 2016-07-08 14:39, TikiHardBop wrote:
...can't really beat the prices of barproducts.com.

Yup, that's where I got my prices on the top 18oz shakers, and the bottom 28oz shakers. They claim low prices on their stainless because they manufacture (I think that really means they import directly from the manufacturer) overseas.

I always comparison shop with their web site. They also have pretty good write-ups if you're into the details of what you buy. With the pro shakers, for example, the 93mm top opening dimension is critical and they mention this in some of their descriptions. And they cater very well to professional and flair bartenders and people building bars who need mats, rails, racks, and other important stuff.

They ship from Largo, Florida, so the closer you are to the Keys the faster you get your stuff. I get my stuff in 1-2 days.

And just to be accurate, the Largo that they ship from is between Clearwater and St. Pete. I spent a week there one afternoon.

Oops, you're right TikiHardBop, thanks for the correction. I should know that "Key Largo" and "Largo" aren't the same places... Been to both many times and must have started daydreaming every time I read the address on my packages from them.

Pages: 1 2 51 replies