Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Bar

Pages: 1 10 replies

J

Hello and good afternoon. I was wondering where I can get some plans or ideas(pics) on building a Tiki bar for my patio? Any good sites to go to. I just came back from Hawaii and just loved it and now I want my mind frame to stay in Hawaii, gorgeous Island. Thanks

B

Hi Jamie71, and Welcome to TC. You are going in the right direction. Look thru thes 'Creating Tiki" pages, ( all 21 of them) and you will find so many home tiki Bars your head will swim. Many are pictures of the whole project with Lots of information.
Heres one with Many before and after pix of a Large project.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9252&forum=7&124
Good luck and Have fun.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 9:58 PM

On 2005-07-19 13:09, Jamie71 wrote:
I just came back from Hawaii and just loved it and now I want my mind frame to stay in Hawaii, gorgeous Island.

Jamie, I think you will fit right in. Welcome to TC.

Benzarts on the money (as usual). A lot of folks have done "in progress" shots, so should give you an idea of what process is required. Additionally, private message folks with question about their bars, they are generally only too happy to help. Also do a google image search on "tiki bar", lots of pics.

Just make sure you post your own pics when you do it.

J

Hey Benzarts, I love your House, very nice work and makes my jaw drop with such a transformation. I thank you all for welcoming to the tiki family site,lol. I think it is a great site. I will gather up some pics from various people and brainstorm a little. Thanks guys.

B

Jamie, thank OnaTiki since it is His house not mine, Unless ofcourse there is something I don't know about. Ha Ha
Seriously Ona has been working on his house for awhile and recently finished it up and had everyone over for a partee. Keep looking and you will find more like that in our pages.

J

Ok, Thanks. I am building my Tiki bar outside on the patio next to my grill so I think it would be cool looking. I am also going to install a little fridge in it. Just getting some ideas then I will begin. Just Have to get the material also. Love this site.

T

I did the same thing. Just take your time...

I saw bamboo posted on ebay that were big enough to split in half to use as a facade for a Tiki Bar. The bamboo we have on our patio has taken a beaten from the weather. I think you would need to give it a many good clear coats.

J

Thanks, I am not sure how I am going to build it just yet. Right now getting some ideas. I know I am going to put a glass top on top and decorate it nice.Any ideas and pics of tiki bars would be great.

J

Hey, you guys really have some nice tiki bars. So I think I might hsve a plan now since viewing alot of yours. Nothing fancy but nice. Plus I want to add some tiki carvings to the patio. Put a really cool mask on the front of the bar and also using bamboo poles in there as well. Put a glass top on and light the whole backyard area with tiki torches. Cool

Aloha Jamie71!

I'm in the same boat as you. I have just begun converting my basement into a tiki bar. Very soon I will start posting progress pics so I can get advice from everyone too. Hopefully you can learn something from all of the mistakes I'm about to make! :lol:

Pages: 1 10 replies