Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Hawaiian Music Flood

Pages: 1 15 replies

For those of you who use the Usenet and are into it, there's flood of old school Hawaiian music being posted to:
alt.binaries.sounds.78rpm-era

Wow. Over 200 old Hawaiian 78s. I downloaded them all. Thanks Pappy.

Sabu

Welcome! Check again to-nite.

Darn. Who can I pay to help me acquire those songs?

You need to subscribe to a news server. Alot of ISPs have a news server but they don't really advertise it (like mine). Over 400 songs posted in three days!

Liz

I'll send you a CD-ROM of them.

PM me your address.

Gotta love the good old-skool UseNet!

T

tikibars wrote:

Liz

I'll send you a CD-ROM of them.

Any chance of me scoring a copy?
If so, are you attending "Luau By
The Lake"? I wanted to attend last
year but ended up having to work.
I am thinking of attending this
year. Maybe we could hook up there.
I'll be the one wearing the Hawai-
ian print shirt. :wink:

Seeing how I missed this thread the first time around, I'd love a copy of the CD-ROM as well. And if someone will mail me one, I'd be happy to copy it and mail it to someone else who requests it.

Posting some of the best Hawaiian Swing I have to alt.binaries.sounds.78rpm-era. Almost 300 songs.

289 songs in 15 hours. Get 'em while they're hot!

can anyone who has downloaded them in their entirety please post an archive somewhere other than usenet?... my ISP has discontinued all usenet access unfortunately (i've spent the past day-an-a-half searching unsuccessfully for a workaround). i'll most certainly post 'em to my ftp server for everyone and anyone given the opportunity!

Pappy, this is absolutely amazing! I'm going to download the whole lot and post a sharity on my website.

can anyone who has downloaded them in their entirety please post an archive somewhere other than usenet?

I just put 53MB worth on my server that you're more than welcome to download here. Pappy's entire flood takes up more than 750MB, which is quite a bit more than I care to make available at one time.

MrBaliHai--Kudos for making those songs available! The Louis Armstrong tune is especially cool! I'm a Louis fan, but I didn't have that track.

I'm interested in the other songs you have. If you want to make those available sometime I'd be forever grateful. Maybe call it volume two?

I'm interested in the other songs you have. If you want to make those available sometime I'd be forever grateful.

I'd be glad to. I'm in London on business this week, so I'll try to get to it when I return to the US. Send me an e-mail reminder if you don't see it in a week or so.

Okay, I finally got around to posting the 2nd installment. Here's Hawaiian Swing II: Slack-key Boogaloo.

Enjoy!

Pages: 1 15 replies