Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Knobs on ebay

Pages: 1 5 replies

TJ

Aloha everyone!

This is not my auction!

There is an auction on ebay for some tiki knobs.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5988255744&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

I only need four of these knobs of the 18 available to finish my bar. I ask a favor of you. If you win this bid please let me buy 4 knobs off of you OR if I win, I will sell these knobs to TC members who want them. I hope that this sounds fair and will keep the bids from rising.

Mahalo,
Joe

H

These knobs were made by Accoutrements, I used them in The Humuhumu Room. I don't think they make them anymore; they used to be all over eBay all the time, don't know if they've gotten more scarce of late. They're pretty neat and nice to have, but be warned that they're VERY cheaply made -- I wound up having to use Gorilla Glue to attach them to stuff sometimes.

Duuuude, You said "Knobs"!

Seriously, they didn't sink a thread into them with a bolt to hold them onto what ever you were "knobbing". As it were?

If not it shouldn't be that hard to retro fit them.
Retro-fitting Retro... I submit that as the name to be applied to all art produced in the last 8 years that has had a fascination with the lost fifties and sixties.

Or maybe not.

Yeah...what Humu said.

Myu wife bought me some of these and I use them on my dresser...but they are cheaply made and you will need to fix them at some point...

T

I have to agree with Humu and Slacks. I have had to fix mine as well.

TJ

Mahalo to everyone for the heads up! You've just talked me out of a (semi) costly mistake.

Are there any tiki knobs (heh, heh, heh...he said knobs!) that are as cool or cooler than the ones that Archie McPhee used to sell?

Mahalo,
Joe

Pages: 1 5 replies