Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Minnie's Gathering 8/20

Pages: 1 2 59 replies

Anyone wanna meet up with the local yokels, D. Hat, Cleen, and Jungle, head on out. We'll be there around 7 - 7:30.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2005-08-01 19:18 ]

sounds like fun!

how long will you guys be out there?

about 4 hours and maybe at the dark marq room also.

Cool!

If I don't have a buoy or lighthouse breakdown I'll be there!

Do any other Bay Area folks want to carpool with me?

if there are folks who are going to be earlier you are welcome to stop by the dark marq if you like.

If you get on the 580 before 2:00 your drive should only take about 1 1/2 hrs. Otherwise wait till 7:00. Unless you like parking lots.

Dark Marq at 6?

I should be at Minnies around 8-ish.

Looking forward to it - see you all tomorrow!

for all you early-birds, the dark marq will be open at 6 for cocktails. if you need directions, pm me or the hat and we'll get them to you.

:)

T

I wish I could make it but I have family coming to visit me. I would just bring her along but we're going into San Francisco that day.

anyone who is coming to minnies is welcome to crash at our pad friday night. if you are interested pm cleen or me and let us know.

On 2005-07-21 11:37, thejab wrote:
I wish I could make it but I have family coming to visit me. I would just bring her along but we're going into San Francisco that day.

hey jab is grandma bear in town?

T

On 2005-07-21 17:42, the drunken hat wrote:
hey jab is grandma bear in town?

No, it's Momma Bear, as in "Who saw Joelyn Behr?" (as someone wrote in her high school yearbook in the 1950s). :)

Hey guys, I think Bill and I will make it out to Minnie's tonight. We'd be there around eight-ish. Hope to see you all!

xox tikivixen

Mahalo for the fun drinks Hat. I love our little group, it's nice n' cozy. Dangerous girl was oh soooo dangerous. Vixen, Cleen, Bill,.....Aqua Man don't ever forget the Texas Boot. Cynfulcynner, it was good to talk to you. Hat, I'm thinkin' and hopin' your surgery goes well. I love you guys. I'm home and safe.

To appreciate booty is to live in bliss!

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2005-07-23 02:04 ]

Wow, woke up and I wasn't in a Mexican jail cell! Must have been a GOOD night! Really, great to see everyone and meet some others! The Dark Marq room is TOP SHELF Baby! Hey Jungle Trader, what is this boot I woke up on??

[ Edited by: aquaorama 2005-07-23 09:26 ]

I had a great time last night too! Our little group ROCKED!!

It was good to meet you guys aqua and trader~

there was loose talk of making it a monthly thing - would love for that to happen as well (I'm all about the monthly things...)

it was really great to see everyone! i hope we can make this a monthly gathering as well.

here are a few pics from the early bird gathering at the dark marq~

What Jungle Trader said, exactly!! What a perfect group.

We had a wonderful time too--and doing that every month would really be something to look forward to!

Scott and Colleen, your hospitality is unbeatable. Thanks so much!! BTW, if this does become a regular event you can count on us to make regular contributions to your bar stock :wink:.

In the meantime, let me just say that anyone who's not seen the Dark Marq room is really missing out!

xox tikivixen

aloha!!

we will be having another gathering at minnies and the dark marq on aug. 20th.

if you need a place to stay pm me and i can either put you up for the night or point you to cheap clean lodging.

I can't make it.

Have fun, I know you will.

how many cigars should I bring?

We will be there, NO question about it!!!

purrr,
tikivixen

A
Al-ii posted on Thu, Aug 11, 2005 9:47 AM

In
Mahalo,
Al

On 2005-08-11 09:47, Al-ii wrote:
In
Mahalo,
Al

ZAZZ!

so is it minnie's for dinner and the marq for cocktails after or the other way around? i'm game for either.

what does y'all think?

On 2005-08-12 23:29, the drunken hat wrote:
so is it minnie's for dinner and the marq for cocktails after or the other way around? i'm game for either.

what does y'all think?

yes, I like the format that we used last time. Minnies around 5 or 6; (followed by a quick agonizing stop at the cowboy bar, oops, I mean Tiki Lounge for the Tiki Lounge virgins?); then Dark Marq?

See also this event listing:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16059&forum=4&0

for other things that weekend in the Bay Area in honor of Al-ii's visit (including a Ghost Tour of SF on Sunday night!)

I'm in. Changed my schedule around. No freakin' Rum Runners for me.

oh yeh, I might even have a few fat Cubans with me. Getoutta here! Really!!

On 2005-08-15 20:29, Jungle Trader wrote:
oh yeh, I might even have a few fat Cubans with me. Getoutta here! Really!!

sweet!

tell em to bring some cigars, will ya?

:wink:

looks like we are going to have a great group this weekend! cant wait to see everyone! :)

Won't be able to make it this time. Hope to make the next one. Have fun.

T

Did I hear someone say Cuban ceegars? Count me in!

I say we start at the Dark Marq Room, then to Minnie's. Drink the good drinks first.

M

when is Karaoke??

i made a reservation with peter for 2 tables on the patio at 6pm. i will be ready for folks to arrive here at 4pm. everyone is welcome to stop by here before minnie's for cocktails and snacks. we will head out between 5:30 and 5:45.

after dinner we will most likely head back to our place for cocktails and general tiki fulfillment.

smiley: fyi that lyons we went to with aquaorama was closed the last time i went by there and i don't think i could handle that other place we went. sorry but i think karaoke is out this time. :(

M

On 2005-08-17 21:54, the drunken hat wrote:

smiley: fyi that lyons we went to with aquaorama was closed the last time i went by there and i don't think i could handle that other place we went. sorry but i think karaoke is out this time. :(

RAZZ!!! you just don't wanta go singing because you stink and I rule!! You know I love you, man!! See you Saturday!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2005-08-19 10:05 ]

see you all tomorrow!

Keep an eye out for low flyin' Chongolios

Keep an eye out for low flyin' Chongolios

Beware of high risen Ungas!

damn i wanna go....:(

MT

Get ready to serve a Mai Tai!

thanks everyone for coming out! we had a good time and loved seeing everyone! i wish we could make the vic's meeting next week but unfortunately cleen goes back to work tomorrow. :(

Yee hoo, I love Moodesto! That was too much fun! Thanks again to The Hat And Tikicleen, two gracious host that no how to throw a nice lil gathering of freaks. The Dark Marq is looking ever so bitchin' and it was cool to catch up with da gang and meet a couple new faces. I will try and get some pics up soon.

ZAZZ!

Chongolio

P.S. Anybody get that monkey's number I still have it's undies?

On 2005-08-23 07:14, Chongolio wrote:

ZAZZ!

Chongolio

P.S. Anybody get that monkey's number I still have it's undies?

we want photos!!!! The hat and cleen are ZAZZ!!!

hat and cleen,
Thanks again for a great time!

I second (third?) that statement! the Dark marq rules!
I know I had a great time this weekend! :D

Pages: 1 2 59 replies