Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Help design Harry Potter's magical tiki bar

Pages: 1 11 replies

H

As we all know, Harry is getting older. I thought it would be cool to design a magical tiki bar for the little fella.

If you could have a magical tiki bar, what would you have in it? A Mai Tai that never runs out? A machine that turns water into rum?

Tell me your fantastical ideas!

A house-elf just to squeeze the limes, for starters. :wink:

I also like the idea of the critters in Heather Watts' artwork moving around and talking, especially the tiki tigers. Although that could get dangerous...

Seriously, what's the drinking age in England? 17? Dang, Potter IS getting there. I think I noticed him drinking mead in the last chapter, matter of fact.

Well, I believe we have a cocktail waitress for the mai tais.
Lindsay Lohan guests SNL
(Windows Media Player)

How about floating tiki heads drifting about above the bar that can tell you the ingredients to any drink if you only ask them?

On 2005-07-19 23:59, tikivixen wrote:

Seriously, what's the drinking age in England? 17?

Its 18 to purchase booze unless he's over 16 and sitting in a restaurant eating a meal from a plate then he is allowed wine or beer, but also children from the age of 5 are allowed to drink in their family home, which is tough luck for harry since he is an orphan.
At 17 harry is more likely to have a magical alcopop, which he drinks until he gets abusive then falls down and wets himself.

K

The ghost of Don Beach working the bar would be about all you'd need.

Ahu

DZ

Self-crushing ice, self-squeezing limes, self-opening umbrellas and self-washing glassware would be pretty cool.

Bertie Bott's Mai Tai flavored Jelly Beans!

mmmmm jelly bean mai tais.....

J
JTD posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 12:03 PM

Live, but not mobile, Tikis! Bottomless mai tais (self-filling). A couple windows that show live exotic locales, complete with downpours and volcanos.

JTD

I can see Bamboo Ben doing one of his signature themed personal bars as a Harry Potter Bar. You could use one of those plastic owls to scare pigeons away perched atop the roof, or dispenses water out its beak as a water feature, or a water dispenser. The bar top could be the map that Harry uses to see everyone walking around...

D

Nearly headless Nick in a Hawaiian shirt.Peeves blowing coconut scented bubbles.Dobby serving pupus.Professor McGonagall transforming empty rum bottles into full ones.I could go on...

On 2005-07-21 04:43, docwoods wrote:
Nearly headless Nick in a Hawaiian shirt.Peeves blowing coconut scented bubbles.Dobby serving pupus.Professor McGonagall transforming empty rum bottles into full ones.I could go on...

Should that be 'Nearly off his head Nick'?

Definitely should have the shrunken head from the night bus!

Pages: 1 11 replies