Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I'm new :)

Pages: 1 9 replies

I've been lurking for a while, but figured I should post my "official" hello in the forums.

Long been a tiki fan, but collecting is a more difficult task in Canada (which doesn't stop me mind you) and makes me very jealous when I go to places like San Diego and see all the awesome stuff that I can't cram into my suitcase!

Next weekend I'm booked into the Tiki Resort in Lake George NY for a couple of nights and plan to take in their polynesian review as well. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post a few photos afterwards :)

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - fixed title - 2005-07-20 13:01 ]

J

Welcome to TC Jadeblade - sounds like a fun trip!

thanks.
crap, I just noticed I meant to post this in the "new members" forum. oopsy.
I'm a dumb newbie, sorry!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 7:33 AM

Hey, welcome to TC. Don't worry about not being able to find lots of tiki stuff. You'll find the creative spirit on here is too hard to ignore. Why buy tiki stuff when you can make it?

Welcome jadeblade, another Canadian to the crew!
There are a handful of us scattered around the country, where abouts are you located?

I'm in Ottawa, whereabouts are you?

I'm over in Victoria, it's great being on an island - I don't think anyone else here knows about tiki!
Which is good(more for me) and bad(no one to mix drinks for - who might actually appreciate them)

Have you got a home tiki space? A bit of a collection started? Any ideas for a future bar?

ah, i love Victoria, so beautiful there (i used to live in Vancouver...)
no real tiki bar yet (not enough space...) more like a wall unit devoted to all things tiki (mugs, housewares, tikis etc.) and some art work. and I've ikified the balcony a bit :) When/if I ever make or purchase a bar, it'll all come together hopefully! how about you? what are you gettin' your hands on in Victoria?

Aloha Eh, Glad to see one more Canuck.
Go and add yourself to the little list here

done and done!
thanks for pointing it out :)

Pages: 1 9 replies