Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Santa Barbara Outrigger Festival July 23 Sat.

Pages: 1 3 replies

Aloha all, just thought I'd let you know that Adrift Clothing and myself will be set up Saturday July 23 from 7a-7pm at Led Bedder Beach in Santa Barbara for the Outrigger Festival. I'll be doing a tiki carving demo intermitently all day long. I've got quite a few new paintings, prints, necklaces of coarse, and about six palm carved tikis, which I'll post pictures of on Friday. I haven't carved this many tikis at once since the barstools for the Lucky Tiki Bar in Northridge http://www.theluckytiki.com The tikis for this weekend are some of my best yet.

Braddah Tony, good luck to you this weekend. I'm sure you will do very well. Snap some pics fo' da ohana. Should be excellent tiki weather, no hurricanes, no tsunami mommy's.

Be sure to catch the race too. Back when I was a paddler, the Santa Barbara outrigger race was one of the best. I wish they'd go ahead and make outrigger racing an Olympic event. Just as athletic as rowing and much more exciting to watch. I also wish that they had tiki vendors on the beach back when I used to race. Tony - will you carve my old Gillespie double-bend racing paddle?

Sabu

Aloha Vic, thanks Sabu... of coarse I'd carve it, and be honored! Yeah, the races should be good. Here's some new paintings too!

Pages: 1 3 replies