Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

OFF OFF Topic Upcoming Election in L.A.

Pages: 1 8 replies

Sorry for the political grandstanding, but at least it's not parrothead talking :)

Measure A - Museum Bond
This bond measure reeks of the bait and switch we got with the Library initiative a few years back. They say "Keep our children safe and improve our museums!!!" What it really sounds like is... We want to tear down historic buildings and build new 'safer' ones, because some architect's and official's pockets need greasing... A ton of historic Mid Century Modern libraries were demolished as a result of a misleading Bond measure back in 2000.
GONE FOREVER:

Measures F & H
Vote YES! for Valley secession. The Valley needs more centralized locally run government. The propaganda ads are bogus. Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Burbank, Pasadena, Long Beach, Glendale, Santa Monica are all seperate cities - and we haven't paid more taxes, lost services or 'lost the image of the city as a whole in spite of that.

p.s.
thanks for listening.

T

I was just thinking, with all the renewed interest in 50's architecture and googie design (the Eaames craze, Mies Madness, the Eichler Itch, etc) do you think the house architects and builders of tomorrow will look to modernism for inspiration? I sure hope so... I'm so tired of faux-victorian and faux-georgian clown boxes popping up everywhere... Or whatever you call that McMansion style with the 2 car garage as the main feature...

There's plenty of places to get that 50's style for the insode ofyour house... now ite time to get the new houses looking swank on the outside. Damn!

Those anti-secession ads crack me up. They try to scare voters by telling them that secession will cost them money. Think about how much taxpayers in the valley will save in the long run by no longer having to financially carry the dead weight that is Los Angeles.

BB

are ther really going to change the name to Cammalot? (sp?)

god help us - i hope not... that was put on as a joke i think.

we're all voting for "San Fernando Valley"

T

I voted.... have you?

:tiki:

T

I heard the succession was in order to maintain slavery!

(Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a F&$*)

No, secession will free the North so it will no longer be a slave to southern L.A.... Abolitionists unite!

Pages: 1 8 replies