Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

virgin hukilau attendee seeks info

Pages: 1 5 replies

Aloha All- Basically I am a rookie to the hukilau and a virgin to fort lauderdale in general, but my wife and I will be there for our first anniversary and some how i convinced her that this is how we should celebrate! I am just curious if there is anyone out there that has attended in the past or lives in fla and has any suggestions on cool/cheap places to stay, eat, basically be merry. People can contact me at [email protected]. any info or even suggestions is greatly appreciated....
Mahalo
brian potash

C

Have you been to http://www.thehukilau.com?

S

The Bahia Cabana on the site is very reasonable. The links page has a "Hot Eats" page with lots of side visits.

The Bahia Cabana is an approved place of lodging and inexpensive. About $75 or so a night. Check out the Hukilau website for info, and sign up for the mailing list!! :)

Hi monkey!

The above suugestions are all great.

As far as eating and being merry go, the Hukilau itself is a really dense event this year, with full schedules of actiuvity from Thursday evening through Sunday night. In fact, we've had to turn away a few terrific offers from great people who have come to us with new ideas for the event - we're just too jam-packed full of exciting things this year! So there will be plenty of merriment at the event.

I would definitely stay at the Bahia Mar hotel, as that is where the majority of the action - aside from the festivities as the Mai Kai and the home bar tour - will be taking place. If that is too pricey, a sure-fire runner-up, as mentioned above, is to try to stay at the Bahia Cabana. If you need to go uber-cheap, there are a few grimy beachside trouist motels a mile or two away from there. Pull off the highway and pick one - if you dare.

There will be eats in the Bahia Mar ballroom this year, and our friend Tikilicious has compiled a list of cool vintage or retro or just plain weird places in the area to eat - see http://www.thehukilau.com for details.

• James
    (Hukilau entertainment coordinator)

Thanks all- i have checked out the hukilau site and just realized yesterday realized i could sign up fo the newsletter,...the cool eats list was exactly what i was looking for.....so thanks a bunch and looking forward to maybe knockin back a few with some of you....thanks again..
potash

Pages: 1 5 replies