Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Magazine Issue 2 Release Party at the Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 25 replies

N

Aloha,

I'd like to announce a release party for Tiki Magazine's 2nd issue. It will be at the Tiki Ti on Saturday, July 30th starting at 6pm and go to about 10:30pm. We're really happy with the 2nd issue, we feel its even better than the 1st. Some of the people who will be on hand and available to sign mags include cover artist, Miles Thompson who created a beautiful cover, Jeff Berry who wrote an outstanding article on Tiki Ti founder Ray Buhen, Cherry Capri, who has a recurring column that is always entertaining and helpful, the Buhens (Mike Sr. and Jr.) and me. So please come by and have a couple of the Tiki Ti's tasty cocktails and pick up Tiki Magazine's 2nd issue.

Mahalo,

Nicktiki

Right On Nick.

Congrats.

H

Congrats, Nick! Can't wait to see it, I'm especially eager to read Jeff's Ray Buhen article. I wish the release party wasn't the exact same night as Dr. Z's annual bash, though, 'cause we won't be able to make it. :( Have a great time -- that shouldn't be hard at Tiki-Ti!

What!?! Same day as Dr. Z's party! Bad timing....

You might want to pick another day.

I second the Right Honorable Ookoo Lady's motion!! On same day as Dr. Z's party????? Uh uh. PLEASE throw another dart at the calendar, Nick!! That one just won't do!!! :( :( :(

K

another day? HA! happy birthday Dr Z...i can't WAIT Nick...first one is on ME man...was with the mikes last night and can't wait to head back next weekend...cool drinks on a hot night...AGAIN!

see you there!

Many apologies for the date of the party. I know Dr. Z is going to have a great party. I drank a few of his cocktails at Tiki Oasis, very tasty. I wish I could go to his party, too. But, as a full time high school teacher who teaches at a year-round school (yes, we are in school right now), this was the only date we could do it. For those of you going to Dr. Z's have a great time and have a couple (or more) cocktails for me.

Nicktiki

Well since you can't change your date maybe you can change the location... to Dr. Z's.

So sorry Nick - I don't think I will be able to make it - I have a gig with the martini kings that night.

I am really excited to see the next issue - congrats for getting it done!

Visit http://www.cherrycapri.com!

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri 2005-07-22 11:29 ]

TM

On 2005-07-22 10:57, Hakalugi wrote:
Well since you can't change your date maybe you can change the location... to Dr. Z's.

Two birds with one stone, sounds interesting...

TB

Yea Nick, plenty of Moa Tai to go around at Z's

Just messin with ya.

TBird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird 2005-07-22 16:24 ]

In my earlier post, I should have added my congratulations on your cool magazine. I really enjoyed the first issue and I'm looking forward to #2! I know you've put a great deal of effort into this, as well as time and money. Your contributors and advertisers are all great people, and I want to support this venture. Even if I'm not at there at the release party, I will drink a toast to Tiki Magazine!

Hey Nick,
Met you at Tiki Oasis--
I'm going to be in town from AZ. next weekend, and am already committed to Dr. Z's party on Sat., but I was wondering if I can stop by your office next Friday to pick up issue #2(and sign up on your mailing list for future issues to be sent.) If that's possible, then let me know what time frame on Fri. will work best for you. Thanks~~Cousin Dave

WooHooo! Maybe if Soccer Tiki and I stop by to pick up our 2nd Issue of Tiki Magazine we will be the 1st ones to find the 1st Clue to The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt :)

Hmmmm. I want to go!! Can I make it for the release party?? It depends 100% on what Doctor Z's breath-a-lizer says after his party.... The breath-a-lizer is like going to Confession - it don't accept any B.S. - nuttin' but da truth!

J

How do I get a subscription to Tiki Magazine?

N

Johnman,

If you go to our website http://www.tikimag.net and click subscribe it will give you all the info.

Nicktiki

J

Thanks nicktiki - I just ordered a subscription.

Damn, I'm on Z's party list too. That's a bummer. Oh well. There's always a next time. I'll toast one to ya. Love the mag by the way. Can't wait for issue #2 to show up.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Tiki-Ti tonight. The 2nd issue looks great!! See you in a little while.

Nicktiki

N

I'd like to thank everyone who made Tiki Magazine's release party a success. Thank you to Mike Buhen Sr. & Mike Jr. for their hospitality, great drinks and support (You guys are the best!) Thank you to Jeff Berry, Eileen Silva, Jonpaul Balak, Marie King, Ernie Keen, Miles Thompson and my wife, Michelle, the magazine looks great because of you guys. The party was a lot of fun, THANK YOU!! I totally appreciate all of you. If you would like to see the incredible original painting by Miles Thompson which is on the cover of the current Tiki Magazine, go to the Tiki Ti, it is now hanging there. Thank you to everyone that came by and supported the 2nd issue of Tiki Magazine.

Many Mahalos,

Nick

Have the mags been sent out to subscription holders yet? I can't wait to get my hands on my copy!

HL

Yes, especially the back cover. :wink:

Missed another one. Congrats Nick! I'll see you at Hukilau.

K

this is the adult uncensored version of the cover art...nipples muff patch (to use your word N) and all!!!

Nick
thanks for such a great time at the Ti and such a complimentary review...it's SOOO nice to have words like that said about my hard work over the last few years...keep up the great work on you awesome mag brother! that article about Ray was incredible! it's a real honor to be in such a beautiful magazine!

many many mahalos
Miles

N

The magazines for subscribers are being mailed out Friday in a protective envelope. You can pick up a copy at Tiki Ti, Solai Bamboo, Bamboo 2U & Tikis Too, Ono's Cafe, Nana's Hut, Tikiland and Trader Mort's now, and by this weekend all over Southern California. By next week all over the U.S.

Miles, thanks for posting the cover art, you rock!

Pages: 1 25 replies