Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

new haole kats!!! cd available...

Pages: 1 18 replies

Aloha - HAOLE KATS!!! are pleased to announce that our new CD, Lei'd Back is now available for $10, shipped.

This disc contains acoustic renditions of 12 Swingin' Hapa-Haole Classics. Mixed & Mastered by TC's own Pablus, we're thrilled with the end result.

The instrumentation is Resonator Guitar, Ukulele & Upright Bass. There is also one song featuring Tenor Ukulele. Everything was captured live & unplugged with the exception of vocals.

Songs included are:

On A Coconut Island
Luau
Palms
My Little Grass Shack
Blue Hawaii
Hula Blues
South Sea Lullabies
On A Little Bamboo Bridge
Little Brown Gal
Lovely Hula Hands
Pearly Shells
Aloha Oe

Here are a few samples:

http://www.whollycatsband.com/downloads/HAOLE_KATS____Lei_d_Back_-_Luau.MP3

http://www.whollycatsband.com/downloads/HAOLE_KATS____Lei_d_Back_-_South_Sea_Lullabies.MP3

To order a copy, you can e-mail me at [email protected]

You can use the same e-mail if you'd like to pay via PayPal.

Thanks!

Josh Gibson & HAOLE KATS!!!
http://www.whollycatsband.com

I

I've been listening to this CD in my car the past few days. Very pleasant, and well worth purchasing.

Vern

i hope the flaming ukulele radio hour is on the list for a promo copy.

Mr. Jackson, I do believe you should receive your copy next week. Enjoy!

JG

Buy this now!! I got mine at Exotica and it has become a favorite of mine as well as my whole family!

:music: On a coconut island, I want to be a castaway with you :music:

It just sticks in your head!!! :D

The new Haole Cats CD "Lei'd Back" is "Highly Recommended." All the songs are vintage classics with "South Sea Lullabies" being my personal favorite. Who wrote this song anyway? The musicianship is top notch and the mixing and mastering process by Pablus is incredible. Great job you guys! Also, Josh, Joe and TJ and very very cool!! I can't to see you guys again at the Hukilau. Keep up the good work!!

Jeff

Sounds GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! :D

Methinks I going to have to order one!!!!!!!! Thanks for the song samples, they got me hooked!!!!!

I want one too! Did I see you have another Hawaiian CD from last year? Sent you an email to pay thru PayPal.

New stuff for the closing of summer tiki parties! yeehaw!

Myke

HK

Mahalo to everyone for the words of encouragement. We hope everyone who has purchased any of our CD's enjoys the music as much as the folks who have posted feedback here. It's something we love to do, but knowing people enjoy our music makes it even mo' betta!

Looking forward to meeting as many TC'ers as possible at HUKILAU...By that time, with a little luck and some creative scheduling, we'll have a new CD featuring Ukulele arrangements of some great Jazz/Swing standards. A few tunes likely to be included are:

Take The A Train
I'm Beginning To See The Light
All OF Me
Stompin' At The Savoy
Wave
St. Thomas

there are a bunch more, we just have to pick and choose....I'll be sure to keep ya'll updated.

Josh

I got all 3 albums, and what a deal!! Have listened to all three and have to send my biggest YEEHAW. The two CD's packed with Hawaiian music are fantastic! I love the vocals and that Hawaiian steel guitar working with that outstanding bass line. Sunday morning, I cued up the Wholly Cats CD and read my morning paper and chilled out to the sound of that old time swing and jazz. Kept my foot taping the entire time!

Thanks for making us the offer! Wish I was in SoCal to check out a live performance!

Myke

Just got my copy of the Haole Cats CD. Smoooooooth.

-Weird Unc

DA HAOLE KATS ARE OFF-DA-HOOK!!!!!!!!!

met TJ, josh, and joe this weekend; some of the nicest, most down-to-earth, genuine people I've met this side of Okonkuluku.......

And their tunes are mighty catchy as well. glad we got the chance to jam on some non-tiki stuff at Unga Bunga's party pad - that was real fun and well worth it.

thanks for the discs; i'll be passing them along to the other waitiki dudes later this week .....

defintely check these guys out if you're down in Florida; if i could, i'd be there every week!

a hui hou & aloha,
Professah Humming Flower a.k.a Randy of WAITIKI

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Of course, all of the music at Hukilau was tremendous. I think I've listened to the Haole Kats CD that I bought three times today. Gotta Get Me SoMora Dat!

And... For anyone who has not seen these dudes... Nicer, Better, More Fun Fellas don't exist! The fact that the music is so awesome is like incredible icing on a splendid cake! Get to where they are as soon as you can!

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic 2005-10-10 18:15 ]

K

Many, many BIG mahalos to all the folks who made our time in Fort Lauderdale at Hukilau 2005 such a wonderful experience! Thank you!

Also, mahalo for buying our CD's! We really appreciate it, and hope that you enjoy the music as much as we did recording it.

There's sooooooo much I want to say about Hukilau, but I'll post that on that thread. Such an amazing and fun time.

Kanekila

Profesa Randy,
It was a stone groove hooking up with you cats at the hotel and watching your shows.... Hope you find the time to get back to Kailua as often as you can and your thoughts on playing traditional music there becomes a reality. Stay warm up there in the big B and if you find yourself in need of some sun & surf get in touch with me or the other Kats !!!
Mahalo
Aloha
Joe

MH

Oxoltol!

Can I buy the CD online anywhere? I need to clam dance to some pimpass haole cat musica fina.

Signed,
Clam out of Shell Ho

Mr Ho -- I believe Randy has a few discs for you. Hope you dig 'em!

Josh

T

I'd just like to chime in that I recently ordered the three (so far) CDs from the Haole (& Wholly) Kats trio and I would recommend them highly to anyone who hasn't taken the plunge. The CDs are excellent, simply put. Fun and lighthearted material is performed just so, without veering into silliness or irreverence. More serene material is performed with ... well, serenity. These are narrow needles to thread and they do it well on CDs that just chug along very very pleasantly. Awesome work, guys, and looking forward to hearing more!

T

without veering into silliness or irreverence...

Not that there's anything wrong with silliness and irreverence...

Pages: 1 18 replies