Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Fisherman – My House - More PHOTOS

Pages: 1 29 replies

What:
Tiki Emi’s Birthday (that’s Mrs. Tiki Chris)

When:
Saturday August 27, 2005
5:00 p.m. - ???

Where:
Jersey Shore
We’re about 45 miles south of NYC (Exit 105 on the GSP), about 5 minutes from both Red Bank & Asbury Park & only 3 miles from the beach.

About:
My lovely wife’s had one hell of a year! So … we’re gonna celebrate her b-day in style. In addition to food & drink, there will be a live performance by the Fisherman – I cannot wait!!!

TCers are certainly welcome to come – just please send me an RSVP before August 8!!!

How to RSVP:
Shoot me an email or Personal Message w/ your email address & I’ll email you an invitation w/ directions etc. We will most likely not have room for folks to crash but will be more than happy to suggest nearby accommodations as well as local things to do if you want to make a weekend out of your visit.

If you would like to bring something, please bring something to drink.

Hope to see you soon,
Tiki Chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2005-09-03 06:14 ]

Tiki Chris and his wife are great people, and the Fisherman are fantastic. This could be the East coast social event of the season.

On 2005-07-26 09:24, Urban Tiki wrote:
This could be the East coast social event of the season.

Sure. Why not?

Mahalo for the kind words,
TC

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2005-07-27 04:05 ]

WOW!!!

What fun, wish I was in NY for the weekend to hang with the east coast ohana!

Tiki Emi, have a great birthday!

On 2005-07-27 09:29, inkylouise wrote:
WOW!!!

What fun, wish I was in NY for the weekend to hang with the east coast ohana!

Tiki Emi, have a great birthday!

Inky,

Manic Cat's coming - so if you'd been able to make it, it would have been just like old times. Oh well, you're certainly missed here on this coast.

I'll pass your well-wishes on to Emi.

Aloha,
Tiki Chris

hey, just reminding folks there's a week left to rsvp (shoot me an email or PM by august 8th & i'll send you an evite w/ our directions etc).

so far, in addition to our non-TC friends (gasp!), there are a couple of TC new yorkers as well as a few TCers from the baltimore area.

if you've never had the pleasure of hearing the fisherman live, you've really missed some great music!

anybody else comin'?

chris

What another incredible birthday celebaration!

TC

monday the 8th is the last day to rsvp. anybody else wanna come?

Looking forward to Saturday.

To the handful of you TCers that are coming, let me know if you still need any directions, etc ... and if you got some spare orgeat, rock candy syrup or TV's Mai Tai Mix, it'll really come in handy (I'm still shopping).

See ya Saturday,
Tiki Chris

T

Can't wait! Hope we make it thru the GSP traffic!

Aloha!

honestly, it's only very bad early on saturday (when the mass exodus from nyc & north jersey occurs). mid to late afternoon should be cool.

Thanks Chris! Now we know not to leave early like I thought we should. See you Saturday!

if you hit the parkway (coming from the north) around or after 3pm you should be in the clear.

minus traffic, we're about a 50 minute shot from manhattan.

for anybody coming from the south, you shouldn't hit any major traffic at all during the morning & afternoon.

see ya soon,
tc

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2005-08-25 13:21 ]

TC. I left you a PM. I hope to make it but I may have to go tend to my Mom in CT.

On 2005-08-25 13:36, Urban Tiki wrote:
TC. I left you a PM. I hope to make it but I may have to go tend to my Mom in CT.

ray,
got yr pm. just haven't had time to get back to ya. hope all is well w/ yr mom & that you can make it down (but if you can't, no worries).

cheers,
chris

S

Chris and Emi,

Just wanted to wish Emi a happy birthday. You're party sounds like it's gonna be great and I wish we could be there. Tiki Greg has been making me jealous with his anticipation of seeing the Fishermen at your cool pad. You guys are gonna love him and KO. Great tiki peeps!

Since I'm grounded this fall, I won't likely see you again until after the new year. Please give my best to the Northeast gang and the Fishermen.

Sounds like a lot of fun Chris! I wish I could make it. I know you
guys will have a blast and hear some killer tunes!
Cheers,
Chongolio

On 2005-08-25 16:04, stentiki wrote:
Chris and Emi,

Just wanted to wish Emi a happy birthday. You're party sounds like it's gonna be great and I wish we could be there. Tiki Greg has been making me jealous with his anticipation of seeing the Fishermen at your cool pad. You guys are gonna love him and KO. Great tiki peeps!

Since I'm grounded this fall, I won't likely see you again until after the new year. Please give my best to the Northeast gang and the Fishermen.

arty,
you are greatly missed out here on the east coast! emi is so glad you're doing well - she would check all the tiki central updates about your recovery along w/ me & is very relieved that you're home & getting better.

i'm very much looking forward to meeting tikigreg. to be sure, we will drink a toast to you, my friend!

please keep us posted on when you plan to get back over to this side of the country.

aloha from me & emi,
tc

ikitnrev & tikigreg:

thanks for helping make last night's party so much fun. emi really appreciates the gifts & i'm happy to report that the liquor cabinet is more full than it was before the party.

man, the fisherman was smokin' last night, huh?

hope you had as much fun as we did.

safe travels,
tiki chris

(pics to follow)

T

Hey Tiki Chris!

Thanks for having Kathleen and me to Emi's bash, we had a killer time. It was great to meet both of you, and to meet ikitnrev as well. Fisherman was as awesome as ever!

This morning came sooner than I would have liked, but at least the drive home was pretty quiet, thankfully.

I'll also posts pics soon.

Mahalo!

Sorry to have missed the party! It sounds great. Can't wait to see the pics.

xo,
Manic Cat

On 2005-08-30 12:08, manic cat wrote:
Sorry to have missed the party! It sounds great. Can't wait to see the pics.

xo,
Manic Cat

yes, your presence was indeed missed, manic cat! and the fisherman sounded great (i couldn't believe such wonderful sounds were coming from my backyard!).

anyway, you don't need no party invite to visit us. so, if you find yourself w/ a spare weekend - let us know.

emi & i'd both love to catch up w/ you.

aloha,
tc

On 2005-08-25 16:04, stentiki wrote:
Chris and Emi,

Just wanted to wish Emi a happy birthday.

arty,
thanks for the cool gift via tikigreg.

all the best,
tc

I

That was a good party, and a very worthwhile reason for a road trip into New Jersey. Tiki Chris, you have a great home - for some reason most of my memories seem to be from the vantage point of behind the bar or from the living room sunken pit area, and I hope that you and Emi have many more fun parties and memories there. Tiki Greg makes a great mai tai - two of them had my head spinning. I tried to counter with my own 'Dave and Anna' recipe, but I think I might have left some ingredients out. It was also great to hear the Fisherman perform live again - this world needs more vibraphone players.

I got to see more of New Jersey too - Storybook Gardens on Saturday, walked the Asbury Park boardwalk, Atlantic City's Lucy the Elephant, and many of the great signs in Wildwood on Sunday. I've got to make a trip to Wildwood just to take pictures of the signs and architecture there. I didn't make it home until 11:30 on Sunday, but it was a fun weekend.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Vern

On 2005-08-30 17:04, ikitnrev wrote:
That was a good party, and a very worthwhile reason for a road trip into New Jersey. Tiki Chris, you have a great home - for some reason most of my memories seem to be from the vantage point of behind the bar or from the living room sunken pit area, and I hope that you and Emi have many more fun parties and memories there.

Vern,

It was great meeting you & I really appreciate you driving up for the occassion (I think you came from the greatest distance of all our guests).

Behind the bar is my fave part of the house too. It has a comfy, nookish feel, especially when there are a few friends seated at the bar & the lights are dim.

I'm glad you have good memories from the sunken den too. We call it the "teenage love pit." Come back in the winter when the fireplace is roaring. It's comfy.

Both Emi & I felt like the party was a real success and are hoping to make it an annual-ish event.

Mahalo for the gifts & for the good times,
Tiki Chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2005-08-30 19:10 ]

MC

yeah! yeah! make it an annual-ish event. Every birthday is a big one!

I have more family events in Sept. and then off to Hukilau in October. But, I'll squeeze in the time to see you + Em. I love the NYC Tiki Ohana!

xo

T

Finally got to the pics! Here's our gracious host & hostess:

The Fisherman banging out the cool vibes:

Chris shows his Britiki side:

The inscrutable ikitnrev:

Emi opens her pirate booty:

A toast to Uncle Arty and all the TC Ohana!:

Good Times!!!

UT

Oh Man, seeing those pictures really makes me disappointed that I could not be there, but I was being a good responsible son (making up for being a rather difficult child). It looks like a good time was had by all and it's good to see the lovely birthday girl, Emi. Happy belated birthday and please do make this an annual event.

TC

tikigreg: Great photos! Thanks for posting them. I'll post ours soon too.

Urban Tiki: Your birthday greeting isn't belated at all, Ray. In fact, today's my sweetie's actual birthday.

Aloha,
Tiki Chris

TC

The West Long Lounge (Pre-Party):

The Fisherman Trio Setting Up:

Cheers:

Cake:

tikigreg Avoiding the Paparazzi:

ikitnrev Realizing that Resistance is Futile:

Birthday Girl:

Da Band:

Mahalo,