Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What the hell is this Car/Truck part?

Pages: 1 8 replies

B

My wife made the mistake of letting it slip at her workplace that I buy & sell on eBay. Her boss owns a few self storage places, and when someone falls behind on payments, he keeps the goods. So he sent this home with Linds today, hoping I can figure out just what it is, and what it is worth. I would imagine it is am aftermarket part aimed at Hot Rodders. It has a price tag still attached with $225 on it, but theres no way of knowing if the guy bought it for, or was trying to sell it for that. I'm pretty sure it's from a 32 or so Ford Truck, but have no idea what the technical term for it is. Grill Shroud? Radiator Shroud/Cover? Front Clip? I don't know! Can any of you car nuts out there help me out? I don't mind doing the leg work, I just need to know what it is I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

The more I look at it I feel like telling him it's worthless and keeping it for myself. I think it make a kickass frame for a some pinstripe art.

On 2005-07-26 17:15, badmojo wrote:
My wife made the mistake of letting it slip at her workplace that I buy & sell on eBay. Her boss owns a few self storage places, and when someone falls behind on payments, he keeps the goods. So he sent this home with Linds today, hoping I can figure out just what it is, and what it is worth. I would imagine it is am aftermarket part aimed at Hot Rodders. It has a price tag still attached with $225 on it, but theres no way of knowing if the guy bought it for, or was trying to sell it for that. I'm pretty sure it's from a 32 or so Ford Truck, but have no idea what the technical term for it is. Grill Shroud? Radiator Shroud/Cover? Front Clip? I don't know! Can any of you car nuts out there help me out? I don't mind doing the leg work, I just need to know what it is I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

The more I look at it I feel like telling him it's worthless and keeping it for myself. I think it make a kickass frame for a some pinstripe art.

It goes over the front grill I think it's called a "grill shell" http://www.airbum.com/NeatShtpix/RoadsterGrill.html
.. here's what looks like the same thing on a 32 ford p/u

hope that helps :)

FA

I like the frame idea, it would very nice with a Sam Gambino prinstriped tiki.

H

I'd call it a radiator shell/surround myself. Maybe you should explain to the guy it is to suit a Model A Ford (I think, i'm no expert), hell there can't be much people wanting one of those, its a bloody 70 year old car! Sling him some cash ($20-$50?) and get some tiki/hot rod art by the gambino man and voila! Instant masterpiece. (Depends on how much you like the bloke, and what your conscious is like :)).

Everyone laughs at me because I am different. I laugh at everyone else because they are all the same.

[ Edited by: hewey 2005-07-27 01:02 ]

I showed a pic to a hotrod builder I know and he said its a 28-39 model A grill shell.

28-29 Ford Grill Shell. No one wants one of those, tell him to send it to me along with 20 bucks and I'll get rid of it!

:wink:

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 8, 2006 4:44 AM

Whatever happened?

... looks familiar...

[ Edited by: alohabros 2006-03-08 10:33 ]

...I think it make a kickass frame for a some pinstripe art...

... its actually a bezel for a custom plasma monitor intended for use displaying radical car & motorcycle crashes, explosions (and general metal mayhem) at the 2006 sema show...

Pages: 1 8 replies