Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix Enchanted Tiki Room Tribute Show on July 29th, 2005

Pages: 1 8 replies

Friday July 29th, 2005 10PM No Cover

Kick off this special weekend with Tiki Taix XV and another rare opportunity to see the Worlds Greatest Enchanted Tiki Room Tribute! And don't forget: On Sunday evening our Travelling Tiki road show will take over the Egyptian Movie Palace in Hollywood USA and we’ll take our Luau to La La Land! See http://americancinematheque.com/archive1999/2005/specialeventJULY.htm#TIKI for more info.

Friday night will mark our second annual Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room tribute hosted by world renowned Tiki Room aficionados Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily. Kevin and Jody are the artists behind a wide array of well known Enchanted Tiki Room tribute pieces including the Pele Tiki Mug! Their most recent releases are limited editions that are selling like hotcakes including exact reproductions of the original 1960’s Tiki Room Aloha shirt.

AND

Iuka Grogg joins us once again at Tiki Taix. A regular contributor to the Tiki Taix show since its inception February of 2004, we’ll start the party with a few fun diddies of dynamic duo delirium. Then, Iuka Grogg will help us celebrate our big step up in the world at the Egyptian theatre in Hollywood on Sunday night at the Egyptian where we’ll screen the 1951 film “Bird Of Paradise” which is cram packed with TIKIS!! Feel free to bring your ukuleles and we'll have a sing-along.

ALSO

King Kukulele and The Friki Tikis will finish the night off in their usual unusual way. Playing an eclectic mix of Hawaiian, Pop, Hapa-haole, Exotica, Novelty, Standards, and improvised musical compositions that will never be played again.

PLUS

Iuka Grogg will present the 2005 King Kukulele Award for Best Album Cover Art to Kevin Kidney for his wonderful composition of content and form using unique color selection and a whimsical Post reconstructive neo-polynesian pop impressionistic nuance in the context of the self evident socio-political hubris. Kevin Kidney’s artwork for the debut CD of the Mai Kai Gents Featuring the Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa is yet another extention of the many talents of this great artist, designer, sculpter, author, and archivist and is this years winner for the award of Best Album Cover Art of 2005.

AND

Trader Vic Chapter 3-- Vic himself once told the wildly dramatic tale of his heroic search for a real buffalo to cook for a visiting dignitary from a far away land. We don’t know if Trader Vic was aware of the fact, but his story has been recorded in its entirety. At Tiki Taix we will present Chapter 3 of this epic saga and give the audience a little insight into the storytelling talents of the one and only Trader Vic.

Join us for this one night only night one time. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

Oh, totally awesome! I wish I could be there.

Makes me want to move to so cal!

WooHoo! Only 2 More Days until TPIF!!! (Thank Pele it's Friday :))

That sounds great. I'll be there!

I'm polishing up my diddies right now!

-Iuka Grogg

DZ

I'm going to trrrrrryyyyy to make it...

Now I REALLY hate my job:

FRI:
That great show at Tiki Taix
SAT:
Tiki Magazine 2 at Tiki Ti
SUN:
Luau screening at the Egyptian
MON:
My return flight to LA

...I am still shooting on Saturday, need a day to pack on Sunday, all earlier flights are booked anyway...
Arrrrgh!

Oh My GOD!! Sven that is some bad timing. You need to change your job from DP to just plain D. If you the D you could just say "OK were finishing by Friday and then I'm going to Tiki Taix!" I'm sorry you're going to miss the fun, and so to make it up to you...I promise we won't have fun! I'll make sure the show is miserable for everyone involved...hurry back!

Great show you guys! and great antics by juan, the bird. Had to split early but Glad I went.

Pages: 1 8 replies