Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Pretzels

Pages: 1 22 replies

TM

I think pretzels are delicious. Especially Rolled Gold brand, I highly recommend.

fresh, hot pretzel from a street vendor in new york with deli mustard on top.

Da Best

Trader Joe's has pretzels with peanut butter inside that are dipped into chocolate. They are epi-nar-nar!

They even have a dance named after it.
(If you don't know what the hell your doing on the dance floor.)
The Pretzel Dance!

Being from Pennsylvania originally, I am a pretzel snob. Rold Gold are the Twinkies of pretzels.

Unique brand, Bachman and Snyders of Hanover, these are good pretzels.

On 2005-07-27 15:46, Monkeyman wrote:
fresh, hot pretzel from a street vendor in new york with deli mustard on top.

Da Best

You got that right!

TM

You are all wrong, especially you, Bastard...Snyders suck! It's rolled gold or nothing.

Fat Free too boot!

First of all, there is no pretzel called a "rolled gold"

It's a "rold gold".

And they are not even worthy of the name "pretzel".

--SBiM

Rolled / Rold, wutever....Thay ar werthy, they ar thay are thay ar! Ben's rite, thay ar fat freee. Pleez eksuse the speling

Hey, formerly from the Philly area here also, love Snyders but nothing beats having a street vendor rip off a sheet of about 4 or 5 big soft pretzels with the rock salt all over em...man, getting hungry here!

J
john posted on Fri, Jul 29, 2005 6:10 PM

utz 4 life!

Now everyone is talking about food, like pretzels. I like the pretzel sticks and we mix them with Chex and all these little things like raisins and sunflower seeds. It is a really good snack for watching movies at home. The big pretzels they serve at the zoo are really good, too! Especially after going to the exhibits all day - you can get really hungry and thirsty. It a pretty cool snack there, too!

I am especially fond of pretzels dipped in chocolate. Chocolate covered pretzels = delicious goodness.

8T

Hey all you pretzel products experts out there, I have a challenge for you. I heard from a friend who is originally from Baltimore that there is such a thing as ice cream cones made of pretzels. Perhaps they are a Maryland/Pennsylvania regional item?? I want to find a place to purchase these if they do exist. They sound so good! Can ya help a brother out?? Does anyone know of a store that carries them because I don't want to have to mail order them if I can find a retailer with them. I don't know a brand name or anything.

A

On 2005-08-02 20:34, 8FT Tiki wrote:
Hey all you pretzel products experts out there, I have a challenge for you. I heard from a friend who is originally from Baltimore that there is such a thing as ice cream cones made of pretzels. Perhaps they are a Maryland/Pennsylvania regional item?? I want to find a place to purchase these if they do exist. They sound so good! Can ya help a brother out?? Does anyone know of a store that carries them because I don't want to have to mail order them if I can find a retailer with them. I don't know a brand name or anything.

all walmart super centers should have these items in stock... ask your greeter for the bin-pick location... they'll know... chow down!

Anyone dig those "Take 5" candy bars? They are loaded with pretzels! CRAZY! :D

8T

all walmart super centers should have these items in stock... ask your greeter for the bin-pick location... they'll know... chow down!

We checked our local store yesterday and they do not have them. And this store has only been open for about a month so it is as new as they come. :(

I once was lost............but now I'm found

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2005-08-03 21:07 ]

http://www.ushistory.org/tour/tour_pretzel.htm

Someone needs to open up a new one! Tiki Matt??

TM

Excellent Ben! Maybe I can make a sub-page on website that's dedicated to the Pretzel, an online museum...Hmmm.....

8T

I'm still looking for these darned pretzel cones. ANyone have any other leads for me? I got a real craving for them!
Thanks

One word: Pretzels with that powdered mustard crap on'em...D-lish. Also, I make a great German style pizza with mustard, bratwurst, and saurkraut on a PRETZEL CRUST!! I call it "Octoberfeast Pizza"!!! (patent pending, don't rip me off or I'll come to your house and make you drink a Mai-Tai using generic rum and Mrs. "T"s Mai-Tai mix...no lime.)

T

For all you Pennsylvania people I present to you...

Turkey Hill Ice Cream with Chocolate Covered Snyders Pretzels... by the way I have been to the mountaintop!

Pages: 1 22 replies