Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Sonic getting Tiki

Pages: 1 2 replies

After the Cheeseburger in Pair-o-Dice Mug debate it got me thinking of on of my favorite subjects..CHEESEBURGERS!
After a long day slinging likker, I was hankering for a sloppy Jalapeno Cheeseburger and a Cherry Limeade.
Needless to say, I saw a new banner announcing a new "Island Heat" Cheeseburger. Right below, a grimacing Tiki. of course, I had to order it.

It was touting Habenero and other Jamaican-Style flavors, yet it projected a Polynesian Tiki. More evidence for you Buffetification Conspiracy theorists.

I hate to say this, but it sucked and was not at all hot. It was candy-like and sweet. Just another example of THE MAN exploiting the Tiki Nation, Brother. Next time I will know to stick to Tots, Napoleon.

Cheese OUT!

Did it have a pineapple ring on it? I've become fond of putting honey mustard marinated grilled pineapple rings on burgers, & dogs, too. Adding JalapeƱos to the pineapple would be nice since sweet & hot go together so well, maybe fire roasted peppers?

W

In the 50's McDonald's had the Hula Burger, essentially a cheese burger except instead of a burger patty there was a slice of pineapple. Supposedly the target market was Catholics on Fridays.

Pages: 1 2 replies