Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Big Woo Bar n Grill - Opening Party , Sat. Aug. 27th in San Diego

Pages: 1 26 replies

To the TC Ohana:

Please come help us celebrate the opening of our Big Woo Bar n Grill!

Date: Saturday, August 27th, 2005

Time: 1:00pm to whatever time the last person leaves or falls asleep is…

We will be serving a variety of foods such as crab Rangoon, grilled shrimp, chicken, kalua pig and an assortment of other appetizers, salads and munchies. If you have any food allergies, please let me know! If you have something special you’d like to bring that would be great, too. The grill will be hot if you need it!

There will be lapu lapus… oh yes… there will be lapus… a couple of different kegs and of course, the makings for many of your favorite cocktails. If anyone wishes to either bartend ( because I know for a fact that some of you mix quite well indeed :wink: ) or share a recipe and I’ll try my hand at it, that would work for us, too!

Some of you may be coming from nearby. Others may need to travel much farther. If you need help with accommodations, drop me an email and we’ll do what we can to help you out!

It’s a child friendly yard and we are happy to have the whole family if you wish to bring ‘em!

We’d love to see you all!

Aloha,
TikiTikiBoom and Family

Yes, we are still in the process, but we like to live on the edge and be under the gun, so please take a moment to check out some pics and works in progress. From here on out it will be updated nearly every day!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15822&forum=7&0

TikiTikiBoom

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

[ Edited by: TikiTikiBoom 2005-08-27 10:38 ]

[ Edited by: TikiTikiBoom 2005-08-27 16:11 ]

[ Edited by: TikiTikiBoom 2005-08-28 17:58 ]

M
Moki posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 4:03 PM

'OnaTiki and I are in!!

See you soon.

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Sounds great! I would love to come by.Please send me the address via personal message.Also let me know if you want or need ANYTHING.

Moki - Woohoo! And with your lapus, things are sure to be a hit! Don't forget to let the "neighbors" know what date n time as well!

Matt - So glad you are going to make it! Message on its way to you regarding info and such! I need to get over and look at your pics at myspace ( I think that's the right spot?)

C

We have gotten our bribes in order and convinced a non grandparent to babysit overnight! We would love to come and we will bring a chinese salad (no chicken!) We'll get the directions closer to the 27th! Can't wait!

MR

I am definately going to be there! Myspace.com is where the pictures are. They're under my name. I will bring new ones to your party. Looking forward to it.

cyntiki - Wonderful!! We can't wait to see you here! And the salad would be perfect! Sent you a pm as well!

Matt - Looking forward to it! Should be a great afternoon n' evening!

C

Bump!

cyn - Thanks for the bump!! It's greatly appreciated!

Hello All,

I forgot to mention that we are a nut free house! (Severe allergies) If you plan on coming and bringing something special, please drop me a line just to be sure!

If anyone needs directions, just let me know!

New pics were added in Creating Tiki tonight as well!

It will be real treat to open the bar with such wonderful people. Cannot wait to have you all with us!

Thanks again!

Even though I will be unable to attend, I thought I'd bump this one with a suggestion:

Those who were planning on going to the Don Ho concert--now that it's cancelled/postponed, why not just change your plans slightly? Still So Cal and looks like it's gonna be a fun night!

I'm in, not sure about Dale (beausue there are 2 other events she needs to go to on that day).

Ran

M

We'll be there. Unfortunately we're committed to going to another friend's birthday party that night. So expect us sometime in the afternoon. Let us know if you need us to bring anything specific. The place is looking great, can't wait to see it in person!

ModMana & MrsModmana (Rich & Marianne) :drink:

On 2005-08-23 11:16, Dolphin Tiki wrote:
Even though I will be unable to attend, I thought I'd bump this one with a suggestion:

Those who were planning on going to the Don Ho concert--now that it's canceled/postponed, why not just change your plans slightly? Still So Cal and looks like it's gonna be a fun night!

I just wanted to say thank you! That was a lovely suggestion to make!

I know a few that were going to go to the concert that night and I'm sad that it's postponed. It looked like it was going to be a great night for all involved!

We LOVE to entertain all the displaced Don Ho goers on Saturday, although my rendition of Tiny Bubbles is something to be missed :wink:

Thanks again!

ktb / ran - That's great! Can't wait for you to see it! You are more than welcome to mix up a batch of your specialties behind the bar, if you feel the urge! Dale will be greatly missed :( But she can drop in anytime that day/ night if she is nearby and has time! Sending you directions via email!

TheModManas - Thanks so much! We've been working really hard to make it a place to relax, and I think we've done it. Now, it's time to party! You two are a very welcome addition to the festivities! I'll send more info via email.

I'm so happy to hear you have a nut free house. My son has the peanut allergy. Glad to know I won't have to worry. I guess keeping it nut free cuts down on the guests though (ha ha).

A
Al-ii posted on Fri, Aug 26, 2005 5:50 PM

Sounds great, Pop and I are in (late afternoon),
see you all.
Mahalo,
Al

N

Might be able to come by. What is the address? Are little kids (15 months old)okay?

Nicktiki

Matt - Yep severe peanut here too!. So no worries!

Al - Looking forward to seeing you and Pop today!

Nick - You bet! 15 months is perfectly fine! Sent you a personal message, too!

C

Thanks Rina for a lovely party! We hope we could help in christening your Big Woo Bar N Grill. You've really done a nice job on the place. Drinks were good thanks to Al & Onatiki. The crab rangoon was delicious. We enjoyed meeting your family & friends and hearing the history of your home. We'll post some pics tomorrow.

Thanks for a great party. I had a really nice time. The food was fantastic and the drinks delicious. It was great getting to talk to other TCers face to face. I am nursing a slight hangover so I know I had fun. Al sure can mix a cocktail! Thanks again.

O

All of your hard work paid off!! The place looked great. The food and drinks were wonderful. We really enjoyed ourselves. It was great to see everybody. Matt the sign was really cool.

For those of you who didn't make it to midnight to see "Big Woo" erupting. You really missed something special. We all jumped in and the town rejoiced. (Yeah!!)

Thanks for having us! I'm sorry I missed the eruption at midnight, but I had a lot of fun--good food, good drinks, good times. Looking forward to the next event.

What a fantastic day!!!

The TC Ohana came out in full force yesterday to help us break in the bar properly. Huge thanks to all the gifts of food, drink and decor! Thanks to anyone who ran for more ice or mixers as well!!

We had those that came and went and then came back again!

Many, many thanks go to Moki who (gracious as ever) started off the festivities right by mixing the first batch of lapus before heading out for a family affair.

Special mahalos to our guest bartender Al-ii! For a grand portion of the day and night, he kept the lapu jug full as well as many glasses of alternate cocktails when requested.

A very heartfelt thank you to Matt Reese. His gift of The Official Big Woo Bar & Grill Sign was most unexpected and beyond thoughtful. I was nearly at a loss for words. It's just beautiful!

There were still decorations to hang and food to prepare but the TC Ohana weathered it all like troopers and we cannot thank each and everyone of them enough for making the Grand Opening a huge success. One we will never forget and we cannot wait to have you all back soon.

Again, thank you all for coming! It was a wonderful day.

Here are just a few pictures that we managed to snap! Enjoy! http://bigwooshared.shutterfly.com/action/

:drink: :sheckymug: :drink: :sheckymug: :drink:

A
Al-ii posted on Mon, Aug 29, 2005 4:10 AM

Rina,
Your place is Fab!!! I very much enjoyed your party, it was great fun. Thanks for all the food and booze. The big Woo rules!!!
Mahalo,
Al

Thanks for having us, we had a great time, and the bar looks great. We very glad to not only meet our old friends, but also make new ones. Having to leave in the middle and then come back later made me not feel like bartending, so sorry about that, but Al-ii, TikiTikiBoom and Moki sure made great drinks.
The sign Matt made looks really good, look out for future creations from him.

Ran

M

TikiTikiBoom,

The Big Woo Bar & Grill turned out fantastic! I still can't believe that you put it together so quickly...very impressive. That A-frame bar is a grand sight. Also loved the custom painted bamboo wall. We were there early and, unfortunately, left early to attend an old friend's birthday party. Your place looked great in the daylight but I suspect it was spectacular at night. Disappointed that we missed much of the festivities and the eruption of Big Woo. Mahalo!

Modmana :drink:

Pages: 1 26 replies