Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

A full month of Tiki starting Sept. 7th in Pomona , Cal.

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

The L.A. County Fairs Flower and Garden Building presents"Treasures of Polynesia" as it's theme this year. Stroll through the exotic flowers and tropical foilage in the Huge floral exhibit building near the big slide . All of these beatiful plants will be framing the carvings of "Tiki-Ray"in his own private art showcase.Tiki displays from 2' to 7 1/2'. Over a million people will attend the show starting September 7th 2005 and will last four weeks.
As an added bonus , Tiki-Ray will be doing live carving demonstrations every Sunday during the fair. Show times will be at 1:45 pm , 2:30 pm , 4:00 pm , and 6:00 pm .All are welcome and I'll be looking for you .To contact Tiki_ray , go to tikiray.com and leave a message . Thank you , Tiki-Ray

T

This is so fabulous. I love the Fair, and I love when there's tiki at the Fair. (I also love deep-fried twinkies, funnel cake, quilts and table settings.)

I'll be there on the first Sunday.

Are your demonstrations going to be inside the greenhouse or on one of the outdoor stages?

T

I will have several 6 foot tiki's around the fair but most will be in the large Flower and Garden building behind the big slide. Behind the building , start up the garden path to the demo stages and I am on the left before the main entrance in my tiki hut. They had to keep me from the Foo Foo garden stages because of the chain saw noise. Just listen for me and hope to see you there.
Tiki-Ray

Excellent, I love tiki tropical gardening.

Just thought I'd bump this back up... The fair ends tomorrow, Sunday. If you have not gone and have the day free - do it!
The Flower and Garden Pavillion is always one of my favorites. Since we went on thursday - we missed the live carving exhibition, but it was still great fun to see Tiki Ray's tikis amidst the colorful exotic bird and flora.

http://www.lacountyfair.com/

T

Thank you for the compliments and the post Futura Girl. The art show has been a great success for me and I have received a lot of positive feedback for the work I've done there . Its pretty cool to have 50+ people at my shows watching me carve.I'm very gratefull and it all would not have happened if I didnt meet the Head Floral designer for the Rose Parade floats . Another plus is that I added a new homepage and tiki's to my website (tikiray.com ).Thank you again , Tiki-Ray

Pages: 1 5 replies