Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Seattle Area Lounge & Exotica Meet N Greet BBQ & Cocktail Party, Sunday August 7th

Pages: 1 11 replies

Sunday, August 7th, 4pm-11pm
Seattle Area Lounge & Exotica Meet N Greet
BBQ & Cocktail Party
at
The Shrunken Head Lounge
(Terence's house in West Seattle)

Requested Attire: 1950s/'60s Retro, Hawaiian, etc.

Optional (but encouraged): Bring a bottle of booze (rum, tequila, bourbon, gin) to add to the bar; something to grill; a side dish or dessert; your own Tiki mug to drink from in style.

This is an opportunity for Seattle area fans of Lounge and Exotica (Tiki) Culture -- be they hardcore fans or casual fans -- to meet and greet, to make new acquaintances and contacts, and, most importantly, to have fun. And yes, there will be terrific music playing to enhance the atmosphere and delight our ears. I've compiled a 7 1/2 hour programme of vintage Exotica, Calypso, Cocktail Jazz, Latin, and Hawaiian.

For further info, including the address, contact [email protected]

we look forward to seeing you again!

elicia & todd

This is the greatest location for any Tiki Central event ever...It's only 16 blocks west of me! With a 4 PM start time I can atttend and still get up for work at 3 AM the following morning. And the lively lemony scent leaves the whole house smelling summer sunshine fresh!

you can ride your new shiney yellow bike there, woofmutt!

S

This is sooo excellent!!!

Oaktiki and I will regretably be unable to attend, but I'm so happy to see this come together.

Congrats!

D

a big Thank You to Terrance for having us over to The Shrunken Head Lounge ~ the weather was perfect, as were the drinks!

see you great folks next week at the International Tiki Day party!

S

Thanks much for the party!
Wooohooo, yummy and stiff drinks.
If the skeeters hadn't have been on the
attack, I'd have stayed longer.
Great place!
Pea

W

A well dressed crowd and a lot of fun. Plus Terrence made one of the best original recipe Mai Tais I've ever had. (He assured guests over and over that there was no pineapple juice in it.)

On a down note: I was disappointed to find out that the new and intriguing dance Sweatpea was performing (it looked like a wild combination of traditional Polynesian and the Shrug) was actually just her slapping at mosquitoes. Still, the chick was crazy, man.

Many thanks for the invite and the capable and generous bartending, Terence. See you in the Voodoo Lounge this weekend (where the drinks will be of lower quality, but the atmosphere has that Aurora Avenue je ne sais quoi).

A hearty hear-hear on Terence's stalwart hospitality. That was a lot of fun! Thanks, Terrance!

[ Edited by: poi polloi 2005-08-10 20:54 ]

Terence,

Thanks for the great evening. It's nice to see other
tikipiles in West Seattle! A great big thanks to Selector Lopaka for "outing" me at the party. Let's just hope your
wife isn't a CIA operative, or is she???

Thank you for all the kind words, folks! I had a blast (or as much of a blast as someone busting his posterior for hours behind a bar can have!) and enjoyed seeing and meeting so many new faces. And thank you all who made and brought contributions to the function and arrived with very thoughtful gifts. Thank you! I look forward to seeing everyone again soon, as well as seeing some of those folks who couldn't or simply didn't attend. If I learned anything at this last function, it is to pre-make before the party a hundred Terence Gunn Mai Tais in a big barrel. A lot more loaded patrons, but more leisure, as well. I'll be prepared next time!

My next theme party at The Shrunken Head Lounge will be either a Halloween party in October, my annual 'Spy's Night Out Party - A Party For Spies & Sleuths' in November, or my annual 'Cool Yule Christmas Cocktail Party' in December.

Be seeing you.

Cheers.

-Terence.

Pages: 1 11 replies