Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Mai Kai this Thursday

Pages: 1 9 replies

P

Aloha, East Coast Tiki Revival Ohana,

The Amber Love Goddess and myself will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday night at 8:15pm.

We will rent a car and drive directly to the Mai Kai for the late dinner show.

Cybertiki's birfday is Friday - I figure on helping him ring it in at midnight if he can make it.

I noticed that the Mai Kai has many non-alcoholic tropical drinks.
This makes me very happy as I am still unable to fulfill the passions for my darling rum. (Soon, my sweet.)

This is the official invite to join us there if possible.

You may now return to your previously scheduled activity.

We are all so excited about your arrival Pablus! Friday night when I was last there, I was telling everybody that you are on your way! I cant wait to give you a big hug, because you give the BEST hugs!!! :) We have MISSED YOU!

Steve and I will see you Thursday, darlin!

PS: Oh sweet succulent Mai Kai lobster bisque... it calls me! Thursday nite I shall devour it, the nectar of the tiki gods! And I shall enjoy it! :D

Aloha Pablus,

I can't wait! The buzz is about as I've informed all the TC ohana here in South Florida. (left you a message too)

There's some surprises to behold at the Mai Kai that I will unveil for your eyes only - my gift to you and Cybertiki compliments of Robert Thornton!

Have you made reservations yet or would you like me to take care of that and gather the numbers?

Here's hopin' you bring your uke and you too Cybertiki!

P

Wow - I love the enthusiasm.

I've already made reservations, Kiliki. Late dinner show. I'm sure they'll be able to accomodate as many of us as show up.

And of course, I will have the uke with me.
Promised Kern I'd pay Hukilau Hurricane for him.

Hey check the drinks forum for my drink "The Slack Key."
It's Low Alcohol and it's delicious.
(I mention that because of the Mai Kai's NA drinks which I will be enjoying.)

bumping for more to see :)

P
pablus posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 7:21 PM

Make sure we have room at the table for Cybertiki and Joelle.
And my uke. :wink:

lol I spoke to Pia and she upped the reservation to 15, and I think we might actually end up with a few more than that if everyone who claims to be going actually goes. But I am sure they can accomodate us, no? And Cybertiki and his gorgeous wife were already on my list of the original 15. In fact, I even made a reservation for Christina the ballerina, just in case she makes it too! :wink: I LOVE IT when she sings "Pineapple Princess"!!!!!

You had BETTER bring your uke!!!! :wink:

We all had SO much fun Pablus! It was fantastic seeing you again! And meeting your lovely wife.She is so sweet! You look FANTASTIC!!!!! And your music made us all cry. Thank you for a wonderful evening! Mahalo brother!

XOXO,

HK

Sigh...wish I coulda been there!Sorry I missed your call Pablus....hope your weekend was great!

JG

P
pablus posted on Tue, Aug 9, 2005 6:01 AM

I don't know whether to appreciate that or scrap the sappy stuff. I had to tune the uke lower because the screws were loose. The adjustment must have put it in that sad key. (Just kidding, I know what you meant, I get that same feeling when I hear the Hawaiian Wedding Song.)

Thank you to Kern for keeping the kitchen open for us.

Never fly Southwest Airlines if you can help it.
One hour and 5 minuutes late out of Tampa.
2 hours late back to Tampa.

Missed cybertiki - hope all is well.

Great to see the Ohana and to meet the lovely I Dream of Tiki and her (sister?) and friends.

Tikilicious - your art is VERY impressive and reflects your personality to the T (kee).
Steve, I don't know how you keep up with this one but you're doing it.

Chip and Andy add grace and wit to every event I meet them at.

Kiliki, resplendent in white, you are my Pu' uwai.

The Mai Kai is just over the top.
Completely and utterly Tiki.

Pages: 1 9 replies