Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki comic: Untamed Highway #2 now available

Pages: 1 9 replies

The second issue of Untamed Highway is now available. For the uninitiated, Untamed Highway is known as the comic that scratches the underbelly of forgotten American pop culture. It is set in the late 50s, and features a lot of tiki art as well as themes and imagery which will appeal to lovers of tiki and atomic age pop culture: a secret society who wear lots of fezzes and buffalo hats, old cars, a tiki bar, googie coffee shop, pin-up style cartoon art, lowbrow art, sideshow freaks and roadside attractions,etc. If you've read #1, you can order #2 now at http://www.untamedhighway.com If you want to start from the beginning, #1 can be found at the same URL

R

Just went to the website, the comic looks great. I decided to buy both editions.

Can't wait to read 'em.

This is the best comic in the world! I love the story and the art is amazing!
"Untamed Highway" takes you into the mysterious world of secret society shenanagins. Whilst stuffing in as many hip - roadside, freak, tiki, babe, fez, 1950's, b-movie, and monkey images as possible. Plus issue #1 has Tor!
It's the most!
Can't wait for issue #3!
; )
Jennifer

H

Sideshow Stamps. How are you related to Untamedhighway? Are you one and the same person? Spouses? I see some of the same artwork on your respective pages and an identical mailing address. Just curious. BTW your art is cool.

Not the same person, just a proud wife.
; )

M

Good girl!

I'm a proud wife too (not of your husband of course @;-)

Are you guys going to be going to Billetproof by chance? I'd love it if we could have some issues to present at our vendor booth. We run a booth to showcase my husband's art, but I'd be happy to put some issues out at our booth for you, if you were gonna be there. Or if you weren't, do you wholesale? I'd be very interested in purchasing some in volume to resell. That is, if that's something you'd be up for...email me. [email protected].

Rae

On 2005-08-01 11:38, Sideshow Stamps wrote:
Not the same person, just a proud wife.
; )

Wow...thanks for the offer. I'll be in touch!

Mystiki-just checked out jamio.com...you have the right to be a proud wife...your husband's art is AMAZING!

So after a business trip and a few other distractions I was able to get to my PO Box for my 2 issues of Untamed Highway. Awesome stuff and worth the wait. This is obviously a labor of love, and I'm glad to have a chance to read it in its infancy. The attention to wacked out detail is impressive. Looking forward to #3.

Hey Raffertiki-thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to get positive feedback. Glad you enjoyed the comics, and I will keep you posted for the release of #3. Actually, it's only in the writing stages right now. I was going to post an update, and we're running behind due to working on an equally exciting project... a comic for garage rock band the Hexxers. It is a 16 page promo which will come with their upcoming live CD. It has several pages set on a Polynesian island with tikis, cannibals, talking shrunken heads, a drunken pirate, and a character named Big Tiki Dude who has an Aku-Aku head. We're pushing hard for an early October release. I'll post a bulletin when it's available.

Pages: 1 9 replies