Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hello

Pages: 1 12 replies

Hi-I just joined and stopped here to introduce myself. my name's Noah, I'm an artist and writer who tries to incorporate lotsa tikis into my work. I've had a lot of people suggest I join Tiki Central, so here I am!
Cheers,
Noah

Aloha Noah,
Great to have you here on TC. I just got the two issues of Untamed Highway yesterday. I read em both in one sitting! Very cool! I totally dig the art and the story. A couple of the illustrations had me laughing out loud. I am already Looking forward to the next issue. Hey when you get a chance post some of your art in the Creating tiki forum. I am sure the good folks here on TC will get a kick out of it.
Hey all! check out Untamed Highway, it is really cool with lots of tikis, fezes, shrunken heads and more!

Chongolio

Noah is too legit to quit! 'bout time you joined up! I'll be e-mailing you soon.

B

Big Welcome Noah, come on in and relax and then stay awhile. I'm sure you will fit right in around here. We only haveround holes for square plugs so if you can work with that???
Definitely post some of your art over in the Creating section Thats where all the nut heads hang out showing their carvings and art works.
Thanks for coming on down.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 3:10 AM

Hey dude. I got no idea what your stuff is like, but I like the sound of it so far! Looking forward to seeing it when you post it.

Welcome to TC.

Hey Noah,

Glad to see you onboard! Got my UH #2 earlier this week - it's a real hoot!

E komo mai to Tiki Central,
Chris

Hey everyone...thanks for the warm welcome! Feels good to come aboard to greetings from some old friends as well as some new ones.

UT

Welcome! We can always have more tiki in our lives, so bring on the art.

H

Noah your artwork is great, real detailed and interesting, welcome to TC.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 8:37 PM

Hey dude. Checked out your website - very cool. Looking forward to seeing some art posted on here (not so subtle hint)

I need to take this chance to right a great wrong...I've been so caught up in the excitement of signing up and checking out everything on here that I haven't mentioned that there are 2 involved in Untamed Highway's art. My friend Shawn Dickinson pencils everything and I ink it. We're a team...I don't draw very well, but I enjoy doing detail and textures. Shawn is an amazing cartoonist and I'm an a-hole for not mentioning him sooner. He doesn't have a computer, but he's here with us in spirit. He's got one of the coolest tiki/bachelor pads I've ever seen.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 10:35 PM

Well, only thing can be done to rectify your a-holeness. Get over to your mates place and get some pics of that tiki pad of his, and post them. Failure to do so will anger the tiki gods... :)

Hewey...good idea. I'll remember to take a camera along next time I go over there!

Pages: 1 12 replies