Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aloha!

Pages: 1 18 replies

I'm new to Tiki Central, and I just wanted to say hey. I have a rubber art stamp company called Sideshow Stamps and I enjoy drawing, painting and stamping tikis. I've loved tikis and this whole culture for about 10 years now...I'm so glad I finally joined up!
; )
Super glad to be here,
Jennifer

Do you have any Tiki rubber stamps? :)

Yes I do,
Tons of tiki designs, Hawaiiana, Hula Girls, bamboo, net lanterns, surf stuff etc.
Check it out!
And thanks for asking!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 2:55 AM

Hey sideshow - welcome to TC! Just about to check out your stamps

D

hey Sideshow!
i've got some of your rubber stamps! tiki and retro stuff ~ very nice!
welcome aboard ~ hopefully we can exchange snail mail!
elicia

ALona Slideshoe!

I'm glad you appreciate us enough to sell us your stuff. Please, please, sell us your stuff!

Hey...
I'm just on here to have fun, and make some nice friends who are also tiki afficiandos. I thought, by way of introduction, that I'd tell everyone what I do. Making tiki art is my life and I am proud of it. Why is it okay for everyone else to post what they do in life, but not me?
hmmmm....
I'd like to hear from anyone who sincerely wants to talk tiki not just insult people...
Thanks,
Jennifer

H

Welcome, Sideshow Stamps! Please know that the Bong "welcome" is neither representative of the culture of TC, nor is it how we want to see people welcomed. ahem. Glad to have you here!

Now now, just take Bong with a grain of salt, heck some lime and tequila would be okay too!
TC has had its share of self promoting, agenda making, pushy people and Bongs just a little sensitive. You might have come up with a TiKi moniker and let the stamp stuff follow you rather than leading. (7 posts, its not too late)
Anyway, welcome, any TiKi action in Littlerock? Joshua trees could look like TiKis if you squint just so...

TC

aloha sideshow stamps.
welcome to Tiki Central.
Cheers,
Tiki Chris

S

Or if you don't want to sell your stuff...just pimp your band at every opportunity.

Thanks everyone for all of the encouragement and advice.
Being new to a place is always a little scary, as I don't know exactly what to expect. But I am very happy to be here and to share with my fellow "tiki-heads"

To answer bananabobs - I wish there was some tiki action here in Littlerock! There used to be a neat antique store that had a whole back section devoted to 1950's furniture and housewares. We pretty much decorated our whole house with the items we bought there, right after Noah and I were married.
There also was a cool but clueless thrift store owner here, who unknowingly sold us some vintage tiki mugs for only $2.50 to $5.00 each!! Two of them were actual tiki mugs from "The Tiki's" in Monterey Park California. Danny Balsz' now defunct Tiki Wonderland from the 1960's. (Featured in Sven Kirsten's "Book of Tiki" page 107). I worked with a woman who said that she used to hula dance there when she was a teenager. I was ecstatic but she acted like it was no big deal. So I didn't get much out of her except - "yeah, it was a lot of fun, but I don't remember much. Just a big volcano and stuff...." Arrrrghhh! She didn't know how cool she actually was!
Oh well...
; )
Jennifer

Welcome to TC! It's always good to have people that are genuinely into tiki, and you obviously are.

I

Welcome to TC! Would love to see your stuff. I think it sounds very cool! Always looking for new stamps and creative things to add to my crafts collection!

On 2005-08-01 12:43, stuff-o-rama wrote:
I

8T

I didn't get it either until I loked at it as a heart on its side. So I assumed it meant love ???? Just one of those keyboard thingies you can make I guess. :)

weak...

I know, this desert town is pathetic...
As far as tiki goes.
Sigh...
I need to go put on some Esquivel...

Pages: 1 18 replies