Tiki Central / Other Events

Florida International Tiki Day Meetup - Clancy's Friki Tiki, Bradenton

Pages: 1 23 replies

HL

CLANCY'S FRIKI TIKI LOUNGE
Map to the festivities
Saturday, August 13 (this Saturday)
12PM - ?

Bring your friends - bring your uke - bring your friend's uke.

Nothing in particular planned -- just hang out and enjoy the sunshine and we'll see what happens.

(Edited to move definite plans to top.)

[ Edited by: Hot Lava 2005-08-09 08:46 ]

P

I'm in!
You name the place.
Just make sure we get to jam finally.

HL

We shall finally strum and harmonize -- I promise.

Oh, I forgot to mention The Friki Tiki in Bradenton - how was that?

Lets do it! :)

HK

Sounds like a good time! How about a possible get-together at Clancy's Friki Tiki? I believe we'll have a gig coming up sometime soon...Pablus...any word on that?

Josh

When is ITD? It's not in my Daytimer.
KG

Let me know where and when and I'll be there!! Could quite possibly turn this into a Tiki Torch Nights at the Mai Kai??????

HL

Set your daytimer to Saturday, August 13. :wink:

I think the Friki Tiki sounds fun for us west coasters. If it wasn't such a long drive to Ft. Liquordale, I'd be at the Mai Kai in a heartbeat.

PI

Tell me a time and place and we'll be there!

J
Jawa posted on Thu, Aug 4, 2005 1:02 PM

I need to check here more often, too much work lately...

Anyway, the wahine and I would most liekly be down for this. Keep us updated!

btw, did you find any Lemon Hart yet? I am flying to SoCal in two weeks, so I am going to try and get a few bottles of stuff that we can't find here.

• Jason
J
Jawa posted on Thu, Aug 4, 2005 1:04 PM

Oh crap...I missed the part where you said the 13th...I will be in LA.

On 2005-08-04 13:04, Jawa wrote:
Oh crap...I missed the part where you said the 13th...I will be in LA.

Sothern California ITD Celebration in the Fabulous "Shell's South Pacific Room".

HL

Sorry not being away for awhile. How about…

CLANCY'S FRIKI TIKI LOUNGE
Map to the festivities
Saturday, August 13 (this Saturday)
12PM - ?

Bring your friends - bring your uke - bring your friend's uke.

Nothing in particular planned -- just hang out and enjoy the sunshine and we'll see what happens.

[ Edited by: Hot Lava 2005-08-09 08:43 ]

HK

Damn! We're working in Tampa...Doh!

Next time....sigh.

JG

On 2005-08-01 20:37, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Let me know where and when and I'll be there!! Could quite possibly turn this into a Tiki Torch Nights at the Mai Kai??????

Oh if only I weren't working that night. I haven't been to the Mai Kai for a little bit now.

S

COOL BEANS!!! I'm only 10 minutes away. I'll be there for certain! Just look for a big silly-looking guy with a goatee and thats me!

P

I'll be there with Rusty Key and maybe a couple other sun-sick sickos.
It's gonna be hot - and I'm not just talking uke strings a' flailin'.

I can hang for a couple hours and then it's back to the Lagoon Lounge for some renovations and a jump or twelve in the pool.

P

Well THAT was fun.
Hot Lava was throwin' down the funk.
2/3rds of the Crazed Mugs were lei'n back with the Hapa Haole and Hawai'ian.

They still had some of my passion fruit syrup there so I had a couple of decent drinks.

The crowd - though bewildered was very appreciative and demonstrative.

It was a great ITD!

Good idea, Hot Lava. Great to see Lady Lava as well.
I can't believe you nailed the Bare Naked Ladies on the uke.

Sorry. Didn't see pablus's post above. Oops.
Glad y'all had a great time. :) Ahhhh...... next time.

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2005-08-16 07:09 ]

HL

Pablus,

What a pleasure it was to hang out with you and Rusty Key on ITD. I usually play uke by myself in the car to and from work, so to actually get to play with real, live, accomplished players is a treat. I'm all ready kicking myself for not remembering the chord changes to the songs we played on Sunday!

Oh, and Kelly says that I have to bug you every week to find out when your CD is done. She's anxiously waiting!

HK

Hot Lava - Do/did you drive a Red-ish SUV of some sort (Toyota?)? I think I saw you on the interstate playing your uke once...my wife exlaimed "That guy's playing uke!" Upon closer inspection, it looked like a Fluke...is that you?

It's a small world after al...

J

HL

That was indeed me. I used to have a red Toyota Land Cruiser, but now I'm driving a creme colored PT cruiser with flames on the side.

Still have the Fluke though!

How funny! I've told that story several times and always wondered if I'd find out who the mystery uker was....cool.

What's your schedule like? I'm often free in the evenings and occasionally on the weekends. We ought to meet up soon. Give me a call if you feel like it 528-4873.

Josh

HL

Finally getting back to posting some.

Here's a picture from International Tiki Day. The sunlight coming through the back was harsh -- thank God for Photoshop.

Just for the record, it's Hot Lava, Pablus, and Rusty Key from left-to-right.

Josh, I've been away on the weekends and am going away again for a week this time. Then I've got every other week with my son and a house that I'm still moving into. It's probably going to be a little bit, but when I get the chance, I will gladly call you and set something up!

Pages: 1 23 replies